Explore & discover

Helpful Links

software update today

Contributor

software update today

I got a notification for a software update on my note 9 today, I kept dismissing it but finally accepted the update, when finished it said it changed the properties of my sim card and now I have apps missingqnd I dont like it, it's cartoonish, like for a kids phone or something, can I remove that most recent update? If so, how?? I liked my nphone like it was!!! Also, I'm wondering if it was a fake update and maybe I just got hacked.....anyone???

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Buzzard88
‎05-09-2019 6:38 PM

Re: software update today

@Buzzard88 Yeah, you only get 3 "dismissals", and then it's a "forced update", which really you want anyway, for security reasons.

Some of your apps (the ones that disappeared) were probably not 9.0/Pie compatible.

You can still customize the screen, back to how it was, in terms of layout.

If you want to get closer to where you were, you'll have to use another launch(er), which is beyond the scope of the forums, here.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: software update today

Thank you!!!!!

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support