The Samsung Galaxy S24
amir7533's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 10th, 2014 8:43 PM

software update galaxy s4 unlocked

hey,

I bought from at&t my cell phone ( galaxy s4 ) before 6 moneths ago, after that i brought the cell phone with me to israel (my home state).

Until now I have not succeeded to update the software by "AT&T Software updates",

and i still using the 4.2.2 android verion...

I'll be glad if someone can advise me how to solve my problem...

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunately, you need to be connected to the AT&T network to receive the OTA updates.

Not sure if the phone can be connected with KIES (and connected the phone to your computer), as I think AT&T removes this function from some Samsung devices.  But that would be your best bet, if available.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Amir7533,

The software updates are pushed out by IMEI on the AT&T Network. If your account is not set up with the correct IMEI it may delay the software push. Additionally for your device to receive the update you must be connected to the AT&T Network (The update will download via WiFi only, but needs to talk to AT&T servers via your active AT&T SIM card).

If you are in Israel, you will not be able to use the AT&T Software Update to update your device and AT&T will not be able to push the update for you. All AT&T devices are configured to work exclusively on the AT&T network. You may be able to get the update though Samsung and update via Samsung Kies on your computer. I would reach out to Samsung to see if they can assist you with this!

Hope this helps!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.