The Samsung Galaxy S24
912inDC's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 30th, 2016 3:33 AM

sim not provisioned mm#2

My original phone (S4 zoom) was working fine on Sunday monring (25 September). At some point during the day it stopped being able to send and receive texts and make and receive calls. Emails have appeared on occassion. I took it to the AT&T store. They tried a couple things, then decided I must have a defective sim card reader. Given the price of repairing it, they said I'd be better off just getting a new phone. So I did. I spent the evening setting up my new S7. When I finished, I noticed it too was giving me the "Emergency calls only" notice. I've also seen the "sim not provisioned mm#2" message flash across the screen a couple of times. I've logged onto my account and there is nothing at all unusual about my account. My nieces and nephew are on my account and they haven't indicated any problems, and no one who lives with me or works with me is having any trouble getting network access. I now have two Samsung phones that don't work.

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @912inDC,

During your initial visit to the AT&T store did they attempt to replace the SIM card? When you got the new phone were you given a new SIM card or did they move your SIM card to the new phone?

If you haven't been given a new SIM at all, I would recommend visiting an AT&T company owned store and getting a SIM card at no cost.

That would be my first recommendation as it doesn't sound like you were at anytime given a new SIM.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, when I went to the AT&T store in Gallery Place, DC they tried
inserting a new SIM. When that didn't work, they decided the problem must
be the SIM card reader. Even insured, it was going to cost over $200 to
replace that. I went home and ordered a new phone (Galaxy S7) on line.
After spending a couple of hours getting it set up, I tried to send a text
and noticed the exact same error message as before. I also received the SIM
not provisioned mm#2 message, and when I search for network operators I get
the "failed to connect to mobile operator via AT&T MicroCell.

Given that the problem occurred on both my old and new phones, I doubt it
is a hardware problem. I've checked my account on-line and can't find any
indication for why there might be a problem there.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just put my old sim card from a HTC phone into a S7 and can only make emergency calls. I keep getting the sim not provisional MM2 message.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.