The Samsung Galaxy S24
bawstinbill's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 30th, 2012 7:24 AM

samsung skyrocket (SGH-i727) crashed during upgrade

Just got Samsung II Skyrocket and tried to upgrade to ice cream sandwich (using the Kies software).  During reboot my phone stays on the "Rethink Possible" screen and never fully boots up.  Now the Kies software doesn't even see the phone and I cannot reset it.  Does anyone know how to do this without going back to the store?

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

11 years ago

@bawstinbill wrote:

Just got Samsung II Skyrocket and tried to upgrade to ice cream sandwich (using the Kies software).  During reboot my phone stays on the "Rethink Possible" screen and never fully boots up.  Now the Kies software doesn't even see the phone and I cannot reset it.  Does anyone know how to do this without going back to the store?

nope. I seems that Samsung Skyrockets and the S3s are having serious issues with upgrading. My daughters Skyrocket wouldn't even receive upgrade notices. She bought it thru Best Buy and is paying the $10 monthly black tie" service. This allows replacement of the device with no questions asked if it fails,frets broke, or you loose it, for free. Anyway, she took it back in to best buy. They gave her a loaner for a week and sent it to Samsung in an attempt to fix it. Best Buy advised that if it was going to take too long, they would replace her phone. After a week, she went back in and they gave her a new phone. The Best Buy reps advised that a large number of the Samsung devices they sold were having issues with proper downloading of any upgrades.

So, take it back to the place you bought it and see what can be done.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

Before going back to the store, see if you can put the phone into download mode. Samsung S series phones are nearly impossible to brick. If you can get it into download mode, flashing a new ROM via Odin is only moments away.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.