Helpful Links

samsung knox

Tutor

samsung knox

When is att going to update gs4 so knox feature is active. Samsung says it is up to phone carrier..

Message 1 of 8
Tutor

Re: samsung knox

I've asked the same question in the Android forum to no reply. I'd like to know as well.
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

samsung says the software is live now and it is up to the phone carrier. One reason I bought the pphone is because of this feature.

Message 3 of 8
Contributor

bump?

Would prefer to use the high tech security software built into my new phone then pay $20 for a third party app.
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Tutor

I guess forget about knox on s4- they dint even gave it with new note 3 which have this app pre-installed.
Message 5 of 8
Contributor

AT&T disabled KNOX for Note 3 
I don't think it will give KNOX for GS4

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

I've talked to AT&T, Samsung, both together, Google Play Store support, and the Samsung Knox division.  In short, AT&T has chosen to opt out of including Knox in its releases of the operating system.  You cannot get this from the App store or from Samsung.  Furthermore, AT&T has communicated they have NO INTENTIONS of EVER releasing Knox. They have offered to let nme out of my contract for a $200+ fee.  Thanks AT&T!

I highly encourage all goverment agencies, government contractors and any other organizations concered with security to be sure to buy from Verizon or other carriers instead of AT&T.  To be fair, I only say this after making many attempts to escalate this issue within AT&T.  AT&T thnks this business is not worth the hassle or expense.  So, they shouldn't mind losing this business. 

Message 7 of 8
Expert

Mitch2014 wrote:

I've talked to AT&T, Samsung, both together, Google Play Store support, and the Samsung Knox division.  In short, AT&T has chosen to opt out of including Knox in its releases of the operating system.  You cannot get this from the App store or from Samsung.  Furthermore, AT&T has communicated they have NO INTENTIONS of EVER releasing Knox. They have offered to let nme out of my contract for a $200+ fee.  Thanks AT&T!

I highly encourage all goverment agencies, government contractors and any other organizations concered with security to be sure to buy from Verizon or other carriers instead of AT&T.  To be fair, I only say this after making many attempts to escalate this issue within AT&T.  AT&T thnks this business is not worth the hassle or expense.  So, they shouldn't mind losing this business. 

Somehow I doubt that goverment agencies would be shopping the same line of devices that are offered to the civilian population - pretty sure there is a specialized portion of the organization that handles them, you only know that is was left out of the civilian line of devices. Your 200+ fee is called Early Termination Fee and it is charges to everyone that gets out of the contract before fulfilling it

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support