Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 14, 2013
4:47:51 PM
samsung knox

When is att going to update gs4 so knox feature is active. Samsung says it is up to phone carrier..

When is att going to update gs4 so knox feature is active. Samsung says it is up to phone carrier..

samsung knox

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2013 8:37:32 AM
(0)
Tutor
I've asked the same question in the Android forum to no reply. I'd like to know as well.
I've asked the same question in the Android forum to no reply. I'd like to know as well.

Re: samsung knox

2 of 8 (6,048 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 15, 2013 12:22:48 PM
(0)
Tutor

samsung says the software is live now and it is up to the phone carrier. One reason I bought the pphone is because of this feature.

samsung says the software is live now and it is up to the phone carrier. One reason I bought the pphone is because of this feature.

3 of 8 (6,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2013 11:52:50 AM
(0)
Contributor
bump?

Would prefer to use the high tech security software built into my new phone then pay $20 for a third party app.
bump?

Would prefer to use the high tech security software built into my new phone then pay $20 for a third party app.

4 of 8 (5,913 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 12:38:24 AM
(0)
Tutor
I guess forget about knox on s4- they dint even gave it with new note 3 which have this app pre-installed.
I guess forget about knox on s4- they dint even gave it with new note 3 which have this app pre-installed.

5 of 8 (5,325 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2013 7:38:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

AT&T disabled KNOX for Note 3 
I don't think it will give KNOX for GS4

AT&T disabled KNOX for Note 3 
I don't think it will give KNOX for GS4

6 of 8 (5,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2014 9:05:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've talked to AT&T, Samsung, both together, Google Play Store support, and the Samsung Knox division.  In short, AT&T has chosen to opt out of including Knox in its releases of the operating system.  You cannot get this from the App store or from Samsung.  Furthermore, AT&T has communicated they have NO INTENTIONS of EVER releasing Knox. They have offered to let nme out of my contract for a $200+ fee.  Thanks AT&T!

I highly encourage all goverment agencies, government contractors and any other organizations concered with security to be sure to buy from Verizon or other carriers instead of AT&T.  To be fair, I only say this after making many attempts to escalate this issue within AT&T.  AT&T thnks this business is not worth the hassle or expense.  So, they shouldn't mind losing this business. 

I've talked to AT&T, Samsung, both together, Google Play Store support, and the Samsung Knox division.  In short, AT&T has chosen to opt out of including Knox in its releases of the operating system.  You cannot get this from the App store or from Samsung.  Furthermore, AT&T has communicated they have NO INTENTIONS of EVER releasing Knox. They have offered to let nme out of my contract for a $200+ fee.  Thanks AT&T!

I highly encourage all goverment agencies, government contractors and any other organizations concered with security to be sure to buy from Verizon or other carriers instead of AT&T.  To be fair, I only say this after making many attempts to escalate this issue within AT&T.  AT&T thnks this business is not worth the hassle or expense.  So, they shouldn't mind losing this business. 

7 of 8 (4,488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 8:28:05 AM
(0)
Expert

Mitch2014 wrote:

Somehow I doubt that goverment agencies would be shopping the same line of devices that are offered to the civilian population - pretty sure there is a specialized portion of the organization that handles them, you only know that is was left out of the civilian line of devices. Your 200+ fee is called Early Termination Fee and it is charges to everyone that gets out of the contract before fulfilling it

Mitch2014 wrote:

Somehow I doubt that goverment agencies would be shopping the same line of devices that are offered to the civilian population - pretty sure there is a specialized portion of the organization that handles them, you only know that is was left out of the civilian line of devices. Your 200+ fee is called Early Termination Fee and it is charges to everyone that gets out of the contract before fulfilling it

8 of 8 (4,456 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments