The Samsung Galaxy S24
aloharo's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, September 26th, 2011 10:04 AM

samsung infuse warranty?

OK so I didnt the warranty on my phone and its been a month and a half since I had this phone. Its starting to freeze on me and become slower. Can I get an exchange threw Samsung? Or should I purchase the warranty and use it threw att?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

The store does not handle warranty services directly. You can do it over the phone or if you can locate an AT&T Warranty Device center near you, you can go there and get your replacement right away.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

13 years ago

@aloharo wrote:
Do I have to do this over the phone or can I just go into the att store?

Unfortunately after the 30 days expire it has to be done over the phone(within the 30 day window the store will do it), although they do ship the replacement out really fast and you just  return your phone to them in the same box with a pre-return sticker supplied by AT&T.. 

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

Any phone released through AT&T, regardless where you bought it, has 1 year warranty through AT&T. Refurbs have 90-day.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@aloharo wrote:
OK so I didnt the warranty on my phone and its been a month and a half since I had this phone. Its starting to freeze on me and become slower. Can I get an exchange threw Samsung? Or should I purchase the warranty and use it threw att?

Are you sure you are no mixing insurance up with warranty?  Two totally different things. Did not think that ATT had a extended paid warranty plan. In any respect the previous poster gave the needed answer

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

So I can just go to att and show them that my phone freezes even though I didn't purchase the $50 warranty/insurance? . Sorry I get confused with the warranty /insurance. I thought that when you buy a phone you have 30 days. And after that 30 days you can't return the phone or exchange it if anything happens like freezes.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

13 years ago

within 30-day, you can exchange for a new phone at the store where you purchased from. After 30-day and before 1-year, you have to settle for exchanging with a refurbished phone from AT&T warranty service, not the store. This 1-year warranty applies to all new phone from AT&T. You don't have to purchase anything. The extra insurance that you can buy is for the situation like you lost your phone or damaged it, both are not covered by warranty. In fact, if you have techinical issues, the insurance will just ask you to get your replacement from AT&T warranty serice.

Scholar

• 

374 Messages

13 years ago

No worries,  they(AT&T Customer care) will send you a replacment(refurb) free of charge.. I never had a problem with the replacements.. Good luck

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@pmt1209 wrote:

@aloharo wrote:

Unfortunately after the 30 days expire it has to be done over the phone(within the 30 day window the store will do it), although they do ship the replacement out really fast and you just  return your phone to them in the same box with a pre-return sticker supplied by AT&T.. 

Actually if you do a check on the ATT site for retail outlets near you and tell it to search for service centers you might luck out and have one in your area. You can take your phone there and they can handle the replacement without having to call them. Not all places have them, but some do.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.