For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Pun1977's profile

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

Saturday, July 14th, 2012 6:09 PM

samsung galaxy s3 kies mtp device driver failed

Anyone having issues syncing their phone with Kies do to this message that appears.  SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device  Failed

Device driver software was not successfully installed. I did the troubleshoot connection error through Kies and windows update and it continues to fail please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

I have the same problem using Windows 7 (64 bit).   I have doen a lot of research on the internet and many people are also having the same problem.  I have downloaded the latest drivers from Samsung and tried it on my desktop and my laptop - both come up withthe same error message.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

12 years ago

I spoke to someone about the issue and as of right now there is a compatibily issue with 64 bit computers. I have windows 7 home prem. You would think they would of figured out an uptdate.I guess all we can do now is wait.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

It ain't just 64 bit.  I can't get this sucker to talk to ANY Windows 7 PC.  32 bit, 64 bit, whatever.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

12 years ago

Well that sucks. I've been putting my music and movies through my micro sd adapter. Annoyed Samsung needs to correct this issue...

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Well I finally found a solution - my son brought his S3 over and it worked so I figured I needed to do a factory reset of the phone, After I did that it connected without any problems.  Doing a factory reset was a real pain since it also wipes out the 16gb of internal memory, and naturally I had to reinstall all my apps but it worked and I can connect without any problems. (Windows 7 64 bit laptop and desktop).

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks I'm gonna try.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

12 years ago

That didn't work ??? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Caveat:  I'm running Windows XP SP3

I was also having problems with connecting Galaxy S3, this is what worked for me...

Download the samsung usb drivers http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SGH-I747MBBATT#software (click on software and grab the usb drivers) and install them

Download Kies and install it

http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

THEN, goto http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and make sure you have all available critical updates for your copy of XP

THEN, update your "optional" updates and make sure you have "Windows Media Player"  checked (I couldn;t believe this etiher but it's really needed) . . . I just installed everything there!

OK, so your system is 100% up to date...   NOW, try using windows media player to play an mp3 file, it will come up and say you need to verify your copy of xp, go ahead and do that

are you ready to connect your phone... not so fast!

make sure your phone is unplugged from the computer

and then start Kies....

At the opening screen, click on the "Troubleshoot  Connection Error" button

and follow the prompts (it will reinstall the Kies driver etc etc)

When it's finshed, click "complete"

GO AHEAD AND PLUG YOUR PHONE IN

Voila!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I had the same problem.  I found a solution on a Microsoft forum. 

It turns out that my work had installed an email app with "Administrative rights" which disabled the MTP

Here is the info, hope this helps!

If you have any app installed with admin privilege which controls SD card privilege, then it wont allow MTP. In order to check this, please go to Security and lock screen settings -> Device administration->Device adminstrators
Check if there are any app have admin privilege, you have deactivate them to gain MTP access. Please remember if the applicaiton is like an email or something, then you will lose all data when you revoke admin privilege

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

12 years ago

@thompson6698 I did as u ask and it doesnt show any administrators. I'm still getting the MTP device failed when trying to connect and update my galaxy s3. It's been like since it was released... thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.