samsung S3 galaxy texted pictures do not open-on my receiving end

Contributor

samsung S3 galaxy texted pictures do not open-on my receiving end

[ Edited ]

Hi all - new here - this is my first post and first question....

i have a new SmSng Galaxy III Mini cell phone. For a few months now, some text photos (that people are sending me thru text messages) are not opening. All i see is a grey box, where the picture should be, and a orange triange w/ exclamation mark inside that box. Some pictures will open and i can see them fine....Others do not...when I first got this phone, all pictures opened for me all the time. Now that is not so.

the sender is texting me only the one picture, its not like they are sending tons in one message....

I ask the sender, to resend via email, which they do. But they tell me that particular picture is a small size file and there should not be any issues with it opening.

Why are some opening within my received text messages and others do not??  today it happened again, one persons picture opened fine, the other persons picture did not, same day sent - within minutes of each other - the one I WANT to open is not... my granddaughters newest photo- its so maddening...

I powered it off, took out battery. let sit for a few minutes. Put battery back in. Re-powered phone back on. picture still did not open for me....

Now another wierd thing is... i can see the unopenable picture as a tiny thumbnail in my Gallery images!  I can view the image!! But then while I am in this "gallery" (pictures)... when i click it to open, it appears as a grey box again, with that orange exclamation point!!!!

This tells me it somehow got downloaded to my phone. But its not opening. frustrating....

Any one have this problem? 

Message 1 of 2 (1,395 Views)
Contributor

Re: samsung S3 galaxy texted pictures do not open-on my receiving end

JUST GOT OFF PHONE WITH AT&T TECH SUPPORT!!

IVE GOT THE ANSWER!

ITS BECAUSE WITHIN THE ONE TEXT THREAD WITH THIS PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL (SENDING ME THE UN-OPENABLE PHOTOS), I HAD OVER THE LIMIT OF PHOTOS FOR THAT TEXT THREAD......

RESOLVED IT BY DELETING ALL THE PHOTOS IN THAT THREAD. I ALSO JUST STARTED A NEW THREAD FOR THAT PERSON AND NOW THE PICTURES ARE DOWNLOADING FINE.

Message 2 of 2 (1,342 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.