For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
xustta's profile

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

Wednesday, April 30th, 2014 3:32 PM

s3 KitKat (4.4.2) Update timetable?

Can At&t actually disperse relevant information about this update since it screwed us with 4.3 update that we where kept in the dark then where stuck with a buggy mess. Have 8 months left on contract and like many others will be stuck in contract with an outdated phone.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

10 years ago

They were saying we would get the update May 2014. They must have meant May 2015. AT&T's to large to not have better service for their customers. If they're not going to upgrade the S3 with KitKat, they should at least offer us the S4 at a discounted rate. 

Scholar

• 

70 Messages

10 years ago

Actually, it would be distribution to carrier in May. The clowns at ATT have it but are going to withhold it to try to get you to buy a S5. Sprint and several small carriers received the distribution at the same time but where much more efficient(honest) and got it into customers hands quickly.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

I just posted a thread on this, because even the search feature didn't pick up on the fact that this was already posted.

I hate how they drag their feet and take forever to get us an update. We waited much longer for the 4.3 update than we should have. I guess it's just par for the course. I have not heard anything about Verizon useres getting the 4.4 update yet, either though. So that's a good sign.

And at least we are not the international useres who are screwed with the GT-I9300 version. That update has been scrubbed, due to a lack of ram in the device.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Well, KitKat is here for the Galaxy S3 on AT&T. We had to manually update by going into settings, but it's here.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Well, KitKat is here for the Galaxy S3 on AT&T. We had to manually update by going into settings, but it's here. I think it came 2 days ago, but we just updated the S3 last night. I'm on Note 3 and have had the update for a while. The biggest change I've noticed: battery DRAIN!!! I hope that's better for S3. Our S3 took update easily and haven't heard complaints so far.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.