The Samsung Galaxy S24
RobinStone's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 23rd, 2013 3:35 AM

replacing a screen

Does anyone know how to replace a screen on a HTC vivid?

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

You could set up a service repair request with HTC on their website. I'm not sure how much they charge or if it depends, but that is a way. 😛

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

Just search around using Google, YouTube, etc.  XDA is often a good source of guides and procedures for such repairs.  Replacing the touch screen is a fairly common repair on smartphones.  Not too bad of a repair, if you are handy with such things (from what I hear anyway, I've never done it myself).  Getting the phone apart, in such a way that doesn't damage the casing, or any internal components is the biggest crux.

You will also need to determine if you need to replace the actual screen, digitizer, or both, as it can be the difference of $12 versus $50.  Which of course is still much better than the $150 or so that HTC will charge you.  I'd also buy one of the sets of tools for taking phones apart (around $10). 

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

If you do decide to crack it open yourself, take great care. The last thing you want to do is accidentally tear one of the ribbons and end up with a paperweight.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.