The Samsung Galaxy S24
topddog's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 1:35 PM

remove the preinstalled uber app from galaxy s7

With the recent iphone/uber controversy I would like to remove the AT&T installed Uber app from my galaxy s7.

Since it is AT&T installed I can't seem to do that - only disable.  Considering Uber had found a way to track iphone users even after the app was uninstalled, I'm not sure I trust a disabled app anymore.

AT&T - please make this a priority.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@topddog wrote:

With the recent iphone/uber controversy I would like to remove the AT&T installed Uber app from my galaxy s7.

Since it is AT&T installed I can't seem to do that - only disable.  Considering Uber had found a way to track iphone users even after the app was uninstalled, I'm not sure I trust a disabled app anymore.

AT&T - please make this a priority.

@topddog

its on the system partition its not going anywhere.  Uber had a contract with samsung or att to include it on ALL s7 phones sold.  Its not preloaded on the s8 series.  Also android does not do fingerprinting of devices like iPhones do.  Disable the app and your all good.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

The Uber app just appeared on my android. I was able to disable it only. How can I delete it?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@TreTre wrote:

The Uber app just appeared on my android. I was able to disable very it only. How can I delete it?

you cant delete it..  just disable its a system app.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My phone is not a Galaxy but it's an Android. So is it possible to delete it?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@TreTre wrote:

My phone is not a Galaxy but it's an Android. So is it possible to delete it?

@TreTre

If its a att branded phone then no it cant be deleted.  Even if you could you wont get the space back on the phone since its on the system partition.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Same for my LG G6.  AT&T should not have this locked bloatware on peoples phones. If users want it they can put it on.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.