The Samsung Galaxy S24
artisticcheese's profile

Scholar

• 

34 Messages

Saturday, December 6th, 2014 8:02 PM

"Android system" is either first or second most battery hungry consumer on Galaxy S5

Hello,

Do you have the same issue/pattern with Galaxy S5 on your phone or it's just me?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Youre not alone... Im completely fed up with my S5 at this point.  Ive now see 3 S5's on Verizon's network, that last more than one day with normal use.  Everything turned on.  Bluetooth, Wifi, 4G..everything.  All mail accounts pushing.  Making calls.  And it still has no trouble with one day.  My phone got down to 8% yesterday, and that was with VERY limited use, everything turned off, nothing pushing, hardly any apps, no calls...and Power saver ON... 

No one seems to want to help...and apparently its been an issue for a while.  I think something ATT puts on the phone is sapping juice.  Only way mine lasts is if I turn off Wifi and Data constantly.  Then it has no trouble lasting 2 days with normal use... I took a screen shot.  2D 1Hr and 48Min...with 28% left.  Moderate use.  Using MacroDroid to automatically toggle my WiFi/Data..  Complete pain to deal with.. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

have you all tried a factory reset?  I could be one of the upgrades botched something.

Scholar

• 

34 Messages

9 years ago

I did both factory reset and even replaced handset

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

what percentage is it at?  whats your screen on time?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Android System is consistently above 25% when I leave data and wifi on all the time.  Its almost always above screen, again, unless Im shutting off the data/wifi while the phone is sitting. 

With MacroDroid, Android system is at 17% right now...but my phone has been sitting, wifi off, data off, not touching it for the last couple hours. 

I guess Im going to try a factory reset...however I HIGHLY doubt it will fix it.  This phone had battery issues shortly after I got it.  Before I installed anything really.  I used the phone factory fresh for a few days at least.  There is so much crap on the phone from AT&T, that any of it could be a culprit.  Why else would several S5's on Verizon have so much better battery?  Im willing to bet that if a reset does fix it, within a week or so its back to its normal behavior. 

Im going to give ATT customer service a call tonight when I get home.  First time since the holidays that I wont be travelling around and all.  See what they'll do.  Ide like to try another battery.  NOT one from another production S5, but a replacement.  It would alleviate my concern that the battery is junk. 

I dont even have good battery stats to give, because Ive been using the phone with everything off, and charging during my ride home so at least while Im not at my PC at work, I can have the phone through the night. 

Ugh...I miss my Nokia at this point haha.  Just hope it gets better. Im holding out hope that once 5.0 hits maybe some things will be fixed. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

9 years ago

HUH. This is weird. I've had my Note 3 for more than 10 months and the battery use is always mostly screen ( 65% ). Android service is usually less than 10%. And my screen percentage isn't dispalyed at all. ??

I had a Samsung update a few days ago.
Has anyone else noticed an update before this battery issue?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

9 years ago

Even weirder. Just ran the screen for a few minutes and now screen says it's used 8% of the battery.
That is way below normal.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Today even with MacroDroid doing its thing, Android system is still at 26%. 

And battery drain is more than normal. 

AWESOME!  Going to try a reset ASAP and see how it goes. 

J.

Scholar

• 

34 Messages

9 years ago

Screenshot_2015-01-08-20-11-42.pngScreenshot_2015-01-08-20-12-20.pngScreenshot_2015-01-08-20-12-37.png

3 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

are you using stock android artisticcheese?  

It looks like the os has a memory leak...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.