The Samsung Galaxy S24
Omutsini's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, November 19th, 2018 3:43 PM

pinpointing an exact source of data usage

something is using data on my phone at a really high rate and I cannot find the cause.  something is updating every three hours and using a ton of data??  it comes up in my mobile data usage as "other" and I can't figure out what it is.  It is not Facebook, Netflix, Outlook and those are the three apps I use primarily and all the time.  Thanks! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

On your phone:

settings

connections

data usage

mobile data usage

this tells EXACTLY what app used how much data.  

Your data use is PRIVATE. ATT can only tell by category how data was used.  

SEE PHOTO ONLINE in the forum. 

B6B15D6C-F997-4FE8-B411-B9DF9EEC4F38.jpeg

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

That 3 hour interval is just the way data reporting works. The actual usage being reported could be from that 3 hour period or it could be from many hours or even days earlier. Unfortunately, when the data usage is reported does not guarantee that was when the data was used. Your best source for figuring out what is using the data is your phone. It tracks usage by app. Reset your phone usage stats and perhaps turn your cellular data off for a day to let data reporting catch up, then start from there.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster

Android phones do not reset data.  Data is collected and kept and can be set by bill cycle.  This is one place where Apple is completely behind android.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

thank you!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.