The Samsung Galaxy S24
verozero's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, March 1st, 2019 12:15 AM

phone unlocked but can't use other sim cards

i got approved for unlocking my phone and  got an unlock code and did the following step to unlock my phone and was successful. now im overseas to use my unlocked phone but my phone can't read other carriers sim card the signal would show but  4g wouldn't show. tried to call it but says my phone is tunred off. went to see the sim card status it shows the phone number for the new sim card but say no network unknown and says out of service. Also my phone starts to heat up when another sim card inserted. any help? and i need to use my phone quick.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

No.  But I’m surprised as most overseas carriers are GSM based, not CDMA.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

What phone?   Most prepaid androids have no bands other than 2g for outside the USA.  

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

my phones a galaxy s6 edge. so i wont be able to use this phone even tho its unlocked?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

The S6 edge is not a cheap prepaid phone.  

You need to contact the new carrier for help.  It may not have compatible bands for LTE and may need to be programmed for their network.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

so i looked up on the internet a little and figured out my phone is a gsm network and the carrier i'm trying to use is cdma. is it possible to use a cdma sim on my phone?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.