For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
pudgypaws's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 9:20 PM

one x+ sense 5 update irrevocably froze my phoneexactly

So my beloved ONE X+ finally was notified of the ATT {HTC} Sense 5 update yesterday (Jellybean 4.2). YEAH, right?!? I've been awaiting and anticipating this, seeing as the rest of the world had already been privileged with the update.That being said, I agreed to the update, left the phone downloading the update, and came back to a completely, seemingly irreversible, frozen phone. It will not power off at all, simply keeps restarting, and stays in that perpetual state of resetting and then staying stuck on the "HTC ONE" screen, which completely drains the battery, even while plugged in. I can not access the settings menu, so researched hard and master resetting on line. Figured it out and attempted to both recover and factory reset, neither of which work. The phone is perpetully stuck, and the models battery can not be removed; an easy fix on other models. I did, of course reach out to ATT who had me do the same things I had formerly researched and performed in repetition, and again to no avail. I see that another poster ran into a similar problem. Being that the phone is 1+ yrs. old, no warranties apply. I can not believe that there is no fix here. Anyone with any other ideas out there? I love my phone and have never had any issues with it in the past. Not sure if I am even posting this in the right category, but none listed seemed to exactly apply.

Thank you, in advance, for any and all assistance,
pudgypaws
(Traveler)

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @pudgypaws 

It sounds like you've tried just about everything, I'm sorry it happened to your phone. It's been few days since your post, were you able to find any solution? Unfortunately since it's out of warranty, if you're unable to reset it, you might need to look into an insurance or upgrade options, you might qualify for AT&T Next upgrade right now. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@pudgypaws wrote:
researched hard and master resetting on line. Figured it out and attempted to both recover and factory reset, neither of which work. The phone is perpetully stuck, and the models battery can not be removed; an easy fix on other models. 

All a battery pull does is force  a reboot, so that wouldn't help you in that case as you are already in a boot loop.  And it certainly won't help in a case where doing a factory reset didn't help either.

Download the RUU for the following webpage using the "Manual system update instructions".  RUU (ROM update utility) is a very effective recovery tool, that will virtuall aways work as long as the screen is coming on (which it is).  Windows PC is required:

http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-x-plus-att/news/

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.