For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
fdmajor's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 26th, 2016 11:52 PM

note 4 n910a marshmallow update

Was wondering IF, and WHEN the note 4 n910a will get the marshmallow update??? Thanks for your time and assistance. ..

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

​Hi @fdmajor,

Thank you for your inquiry!

We definitely understand the need for the latest version of your OS, and apologize for the delay.  Thank you for the feedback, and we continue to try and improve our turnaround time to make it much more seamless for our customers. To that end, we are currently working on an initiative to be more transparent with our OS launches and provide more details.  When we have more specifics, we will be excited to share with the community!

At this time, we don’t have a firm date for when 6.0.1 will be available for the Samsung Note 4 device. In most cases, updates will be posted on the day of release.  We don’t currently have an estimated time of launch, but will update the community as soon as we have more details.

Rest assured, when available, you will receive an over the air notification on your device with step-by-step instructions to update your software.

For more updates and discussion about Marshmallow availability, please visit

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android/Marshmallow-Updates-amp-Discussion/m-p/4817255#M69781

Thank you for your patience.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

8 years ago

Wow! What a shame....

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

I never could think that at&t wireless was never going to be the last at anything. Never considered them to be the best or the first at anything but with this situation with the marshmallow update they are really blowing my mind. How is it possible that almost every other cellphone company could achieve this in less time than at&t, even companies that are a lot more smaller than at&t. Thank you at&t for the lesson, i have clear on my mind now that my next generation smartphone won't be and at&t branded smartphone.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

And the link they provide for marshmellow discussion is an old post that hasn't been active since may.. what horse poop this is holding up marshmellow just so you can put all the useless bloat ware on it...... every carrier in the world has mm out now but at&t is still screwing their customers..

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

Could you at least unlock the Bootloader for Unlocked AT&T Note 4 models, so consumers could install other providers' firmware or firmwares from European market?

If the release delay related to the lack of time to dump AT&T bloatware into official firmware, I'm ok with clean firmware. Please release something we can work with.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

Thanks to Anh Hàng Xóm for the solution posted on YouTube.
{Inappropriate content removed}

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@olegansoft wrote:

Thanks to Anh Hàng Xóm for the solution posted on YouTube.
{Inappropriate content removed}

FYI flashing those non test builds will break some features on the phone...  I have reported the link since its not allowed by the TOS.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

8 years ago

Again this is from frustrated customer. When can we get the Android 6.0 for Samsung Note 4. This is insane from ATT and nobody seems interested to respond from ATT. Mr Kevin please update on the Samsung note 4. Also read thread on the beta version released on XDA developer site. Has anyone tested the wifi calling feature on the beta?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@AT1T_Cust0mer

your update is att is working to release the software.  They dont have dates.  It took a month from the s6 to the note 5.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I've been with AT&T wireless since 1985 in way or another (depending on the name of the day), starting in Atlanta, GA. It seems like AT&T has completely abandoned it's customer service approach over the past 10 years. I used to call AT&T with a technical (or other) question and be greeted with courtesy, respect, and even unexpected / unrequested perks for my loyalty.

The only reason I've stayed with them thus far is due to my international travel and the need for a seemless network.

Sadly; It looks like I'll be cutting off my own nose to stop the rudeness, sullen attitudes, and apathy that AT&T now shows it's customers. Not to mention the unmitigated greed. It would be like buying a computer with a 3 TB hard drive, but having the seller force you to have their version of the operating system and other uneccessary programs that occupy 1.5 TB, and there's nothing you can do about it. OS Upgrades? "When we say so!"

You have one more year of me left - although I seriously doubt I will wait that long to purchase an unbranded / unlocked phone that I can simply buy a SIM for overseas. Yes; I know - your CSR's have told me in no uncertain terms that "You're free to do what you want. Oh; by the way, that'll cost you $375.00."

What a pity. AT&T was the king of all kings 10-11 years ago. From hero to zero almost overnight.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.