The Samsung Galaxy S24
mendomar012's profile

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

Monday, February 11th, 2013 3:49 PM

nexus 4 lte

Has anybody been able to use lte on the nexus 4 with att.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@billd104 wrote:

The Nexus 4 really doesn't need LTE as long as HSPA+ 42 is still available. Let's face it, not many devices will use 42Mb of data bandwidth in the first place. 

Depends a lot on the network congestion, and data reception in your area.  I was getting around 1 Mbps (sometimes much less) at my house on HSPA+, to the point of being agonizingly slow and useless.  Sometimes the data connection would drop out completely.  Once AT&T switched on LTE, the data speeds went up to around 20 Mbps, and rock solid.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

The only carrier that supports hspa+42 is t mobile and in my area t mobile is still 2g.lol so I really enjoy att hspa+21 I average around 3mbs during the day but at night after 7 pm I average 10mbs

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@redpoint73 wrote:

@billd104 wrote:

The Nexus 4 really doesn't need LTE as long as HSPA+ 42 is still available. Let's face it, not many devices will use 42Mb of data bandwidth in the first place. 

Depends a lot on the network congestion, and data reception in your area.  I was getting around 1 Mbps (sometimes much less) at my house on HSPA+, to the point of being agonizingly slow and useless.  Sometimes the data connection would drop out completely.  Once AT&T switched on LTE, the data speeds went up to around 20 Mbps, and rock solid.

It also depends on the network and the backhaul type. All of AT&T's LTE sites are now fiber backhaul. They are upgrading the HSPA+ sites that aren't LTE too but that's ongoing. Most of the sites are upgrading to hybrid HSPA+ / LTE with fiber backhaul. 

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@mendomar012 wrote:
The only carrier that supports hspa+42 is t mobile and in my area t mobile is still 2g.lol so I really enjoy att hspa+21 I average around 3mbs during the day but at night after 7 pm I average 10mbs

I see that T-Mobile is actually selling the Nexus 4 8GB on contract for $49.00 

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

1 it's the 16gb version and 2 t mobile 2g is not worth it at least for me

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

@mendomar012 wrote:
1 it's the 16gb version and 2 t mobile 2g is not worth it at least for me

You're right, I saw the 8 from the 8 megapixel camera but it looks like the sale ended yesterday anyway back to regular pricing. I agree, T-Mo in my area isn't all that either. AT&T's network is far superior IMHO.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

well thts where your wrong the new nexus does have an LTE radio that is blocked due to not meeting FCC standards how ever there has been a hack for a 1700 radioband this only works for 4.1 android will not work with the update with that being said happy hunting

@redpoint73 wrote:

The Nexus 4 does not have any LTE radio, and not compatible with any LTE frequencies.

So quite simply, no.  The LExus 4 will not work on LTE.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I live in Bayamon Puerto Rico and i have the Nexus 4 with Lte because Puerto Rico is one of the few markets that use band 4 lte

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

would you put a picture up please
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.