The Samsung Galaxy S24
mendomar012's profile

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

Monday, February 11th, 2013 3:49 PM

nexus 4 lte

Has anybody been able to use lte on the nexus 4 with att.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

11 years ago

From what I've seen posted on the subject it appears that very few AT&T markets use LTE on the Nexus 4 compatible frequencies, so success is not very likely.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

The Nexus 4 does not have any LTE radio, and not compatible with any LTE frequencies.

So quite simply, no.  The LExus 4 will not work on LTE.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Officially it doesn't have lte but it does have band 4 lte unofficially. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXOY9EVZ4vA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

You'd probably get a better response on XDA's forums for a question like that.  I doubt that many AT&T customers have the Nexus 4 and even fewer of them (us) are interested in trying to make LTE work on AT&T.  The ones that are probably frequent XDA more than this forum.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@mendomar012 wrote:
Officially it doesn't have lte but it does have band 4 lte unofficially. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXOY9EVZ4vA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hmm, wasn't aware of that.  Can't follow every device that closely, of course.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

The Nexus 4 supports LTE Band 4 that consists of AWS 1700 / 2100MHz. The large majority of AT&T LTE markets do not use these frequencies. 

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

11 years ago

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

I know it sucks that Google did that. Now I'm debating whether I should update to Google's latest version or not update and try to see if the lte will work in my area when lte comes around

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

11 years ago

The Nexus 4 really doesn't need LTE as long as HSPA+ 42 is still available. Let's face it, not many devices will use 42Mb of data bandwidth in the first place. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.