The Samsung Galaxy S24
mellienoodle's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 27th, 2014 2:15 PM

my phone keeps saying it will sync when on a mobile network

Every time I get a text or a phone call. My screen goes to a screen that says AT&T Address book will sync your contacts when your mobile phone is on a mobile network.
What does that mean and how can I fix it?
It is a Galaxy S5 Active.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Open settings, go to application manager. Go to the ATT address book application.  Clear cache, clear data, uninstall updates and disable the application.

If you can't disable it, just don't open the app again.  If you can disable, next stop is your Google play store to prevent the app from auto updating.

Scholar

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

@mellienoodleSounds like you may have enabled the AT&T Address book service.  It's an option to automatically back up your contacts should something happen to your phone.  I found more info on att.com...

http://www.att.com/devicehowto/index.jsp?id=stepbystep_KB424338&make=Samsung&model=GalaxyS5ActiveG870A

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I don't want this to keep popping up, it is slowing down my phone and killing my battery. I have tried going into my accounts and disabling it, but it comes back again. I just need it to stop

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

My phone just started doing this yesterday and it's already driving me nuts. It's constant. Did you find a way to turn it off? If so, please share.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am having the same exact problem. Does anyone know how to resolve the issue?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

At the risk of sounding like an Ignorant , I cannot find the App ANYWHERE that I can do ANYTHING to It. It is only under My Accounts. I have No App on My Phone or in My Play Store. I have a Samsung Note 4. The Only Thing I could do was turn off the Sync for All of the Accounts. I just received the phone. I think something is wrong with It. It runs hot, and the Mobile Internet doesn't always turn off, even though it is "off" on the phone. Battery seems to run down quicker than I thought it would considering the Reviews I've read. I'm just curious if anyone else (who may read this) with a Note 4 has had any such Problems?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This works until you reboot the phone. Then AT&T address book starts all over again. This is a usless app. How can I get rid of it?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Here's what I did:

Go to settings -> Device -> Applications -> Application Settings -> Contacts -> Accounts -> "MORE" (upper right).

Turn off autosync.

That appears to be a suitable workaround.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Yes, this was the correct solution to finding the AT&T Address book. Thank-you!!

My phone kept having a notification that it was syncing with my AT&T Address book, and when I pressed the notification nothing happened. It was causing a severe drain on my battery, but now I've been able to find where it's hiding-- in Contacts!!

I've have a S5. I ended up going into Contacts >> Settings >> Contacts >> Accounts (at the the bottom) >> AT&T Address Book >>

Now I need to slide Auto sync to OFF, but it keeps saying it's in the middle of a sync right now or trying to cancel the current sync if I try to force a manual sync. 😞

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

1. Open "Contact". 2. On "More" (on right hand top) open" setting" 3. Open "account" 4. When you see "address book" do not open. On right hand top "more" select "stop sync".
I just solved the same problem on my cell phone.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.