Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 15, 2012
11:26:21 AM
View profile
music player captivate

I have the Samsung Captivate Glide and have been using the stock music player.  A few days ago, it started "skipping".  Every song plays just a few bars and then repeats.  It does this in all modes, on all songs, on all play lists.  Up until a few days ago it worked fine.  I have removed the battery and this did not resolve the problem.  Anyone have any suggestions? 

I am thinking of removing the SD card and then deleting the music app and reloading it...or maybe there is a better music app out there to use?  any advice is appreciated. 

I have the Samsung Captivate Glide and have been using the stock music player.  A few days ago, it started "skipping".  Every song plays just a few bars and then repeats.  It does this in all modes, on all songs, on all play lists.  Up until a few days ago it worked fine.  I have removed the battery and this did not resolve the problem.  Anyone have any suggestions? 

I am thinking of removing the SD card and then deleting the music app and reloading it...or maybe there is a better music app out there to use?  any advice is appreciated. 

music player captivate

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 7:52:11 AM
(0)
Professor

Try deleting the cache for the app in Settings>Apps.  Or backup any personal data and try a factory reset.

Try deleting the cache for the app in Settings>Apps.  Or backup any personal data and try a factory reset.

Re: music player captivate

2 of 3 (629 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 10:32:10 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

It could be an issue with the SD card itself. 

Try transferring some music to the phone's internal memory and see hear if you still have the problem. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

It could be an issue with the SD card itself. 

Try transferring some music to the phone's internal memory and see hear if you still have the problem. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: music player captivate

3 of 3 (620 Views)