For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
yd's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 1:55 AM

micro SD card issue

Recently purchased a 32GB Micro SD card for a Z998 Gophone with Android 4.1.2. Inserted it OK next to the SIM card (copper connectors bottom, leading). Alas, it doesn't show as if the Z998 has recognized this 32GB SD. In Settings, Device, Storage, the following is displayed under SD Card Storage:

'Mount SD Card'

'Insert an SD card for mounting'

I assumed that the Z998 would automatically format the 32GB SD so I could start using it. Apparently, this is not the case. How do I resolve this problem? Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I see that this thread began about 9 months ago but I am having this same problem now. I would try to check the 16GB card in my PC but there does not appear to be a port small enough to attach it. I have a Z998 and have been having a terrible time finding assistance online. I can't install new apps on my phone because it says there is insufficient storage. The staff at an AT&T device service center told me installing the micro SD card would correct this problem, and hopefully prevent the frequent unexplained shutdowns of the phone. But after I put the new card in, I still can't install any new apps. I will have to try reaching a human being at customer service when they reopen in the morning. If they are not able to help then maybe I should just switch to another provider..... If anyone here has more advice to offer please let me know. Thanks!

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

You must have missed the part about needed the micro card adapter that makes it work just like a regular sd memory card.

Easy to get, am acutaly suprised you did not get one with the miro sd you purchased.

Good luck, and thankfully, this is an easy one.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I saw micro SD cards with adapters today. I did not even know either of these items existed. So with the adapter I can plug it into my computer to check if it is working? I think the person at the AT&T device center should have told me about the adapter.  In any case if I am reading it correctly my phone is showing the storage space is there but somehow it has not expanded the memory of my computer. If the SD card is working all right, then what? If I can't expand the internal memory of the phone then having the micro card does me no good. I might as well get a new phone, but this time it won't be from AT&T.

Thank you for the info.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Saddly, while I can tell you about the sd cards, I really know next to nothing about the phone/computing device, having never even seen one.

Still, most of those smartie phones are more allike than differant, so I can say how they work in a general sense, but can't speak to the quirks of a specific brand.

The micro sd cards though, i have used a few, mostly because the local staples had a sale on them, and figured, big or small sd cards should be about the same.

Just, always had to use the adaptor, as i've just never seen a micro sd port. Am sure they exist, otherwise why even make the micro in the first place.

And if ya read this thread more closely, you'd have seen folks are saying to check for the type of formatting on the card, and if not the right type, to format it as such.

And too, especialy with the off brands, you can always get a defective one.

good luck

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Can't be read, or reformated

SD card

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Go to https://www.sdcard.org

and download the authorized SD card format tool

Formatting on a PC may corrupt the card.

This is the safest way to format SD cards.

SD_CardFormatter0500SetupEN.exe

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.