For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
hprdr20's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Monday, April 6th, 2015 4:53 PM

lollipop for galaxy s5?

April 6th still no update for the s5. Thanks att for getting this update to your customers in a timely manner

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hey, everyone!

Here are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind with the new software release for the S5.

Things to know:

• You should be connected to a reliable Wi-Fi source. Download and install could take 30-60 minutes.
  • Removing the battery during an OS update's download and installation could break the device.
  • You should have at least 3 GB of free device memory (not including the SD card).
  • Some applications may take longer to open after the Lollipop update due to the initial optimization process.
  • If having difficulty with any applications after the update it may be necessary to update the application to the latest version via the Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Apps

You can also check out the link below for more information.

Upgrade Device Software

-Mariana

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @hprdr20

AT&T is actively working on the Android 5.0 Lollipop software update for the Samsung Galaxy S 5. All software updates go through a rigorous quality assurance testing process before being released. We will release Lollipop for the Galaxy S5 as soon as testing is complete, and we will post on our Consumer Blog, http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog, when it is available. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Charise

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

9 years ago

AT&T just wants to be different than all the other carriers.

Because that's the cool thing to do right?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I would hope that AT&T realizes how frustrating it is for their customers who want the lastest OS for their phones, and even more so when other major carriers (including US Cellular) have already pushed out the update.  This is one of the top Android devices and in my opinion should have been one of AT&T's top priorities.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry Att I don't believe you. I have lost faith in att to come through for its customers

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

9 years ago

You think with all the bad press ATT is getting they would just push the update even with the so called bugs that are taking them so long to figure out. They pushed 4.4.4 full of bugs, so what's the difference?

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

9 years ago

ATT updates the Galaxy S4 to 5.0.1 starting today.  

http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdateArticle.jsp?sid=KB419415&cv=820

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

Are u serious? att is really going to update the s4 before the s5? Wow I have no words. Att officially became the worst carrier. There is no way that you can update the s4 before the s5.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

9 years ago

Unbelievable! It's now not just a slap in the face they have moved on to pulling out fingernails and water torture.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @hprdr20

Good news! The Lollipop update for the Samsung Galaxy S5 is planned to begin rolling out TODAY! Keep an eye out for the notification on your device letting you know it’s ready for download!

Thanks,

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.