The Samsung Galaxy S24
mbsunga's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 19th, 2015 3:07 AM

lg g pad 7.0 lte v410 cannot detect lollipop upgrade

my aunt from the states gave me her at&t g pad 7.0 lte v410 when she visited us here in the philippines

problem is i cant seem to upgrade it to lollipop. it says that it is already up to date.

my current version is the stock 4.4.2 kit kat

can i also request an unlock code so that i can use it here in the philippines

thanks in advance

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi there @mbsunga

Currently in order to receive a software update from us, the device must be active on the AT&T network. I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you’d like an unlock code for the tablet, please submit a Device Unlock Request.

Feel free to post any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Michelle

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you very much for the reply

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My Gpad is on the ATT network via family share plan and it still won't update to Lollipop....its now nearly a year since lollipop was released. Please help!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I have had a year without lollipop also, same issue software says the tablet is up to date at 4.4.2.  My device has always been on the ATT network since new.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

To anyone experiencing this issue, call att tech support and don't let them say it's not possible or you need to go to a physical att store or call lg... just keep asking for advanced tech support until someone opens a case for you with the case number format similar to mine below. If they are able to look it up just give them my case number so they know exactly who they need to contact. 24 hours later ur tablet will see an update available. Case number ***, my tablet is updating as I'm writing this 🙂

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I had the same problem.  Tech support had me do a Factory Data Reset, which wiped my tablet (I knew that would happen), which enabled the update to 5.0.2.

Call ATT tech support and they will walk you thru it.

While not the latest and greatest version of Android, it's as far up to date as it can be.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I also have same problem

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Try a factory reset after using LG backup. Do your update. Do another reset to get a later update. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So your telling me that i can't update it because its not on your service anymore, then how am i supposed to update it?

[Inappropriate content removed]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Does anyone know if the device is unlocked and active on the Cricket Network (owned by ATT) will still be able to get the update?  Also, is there anyway to bypass the crazy 24hour clock that starts the first time you check for an update?  Thank you.

-Paul

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.