The Samsung Galaxy S24
lordie's profile

Scholar

• 

149 Messages

Sunday, August 10th, 2014 12:36 AM

is it the stores policy?

I called att the other day cause i wa fed up w straight talk .so i ask the local shop what is the best deal for me if i bring my own phone .they said they will charge me 15% To bring my own phone .

plus service
is that in all the stores?
when i called att direct i got a better deal
but the local store wouldn't give me a good deal .
why is that the stores policy or what?

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@lordie - Hi there! This definitely sounds more like an authorized dealer store stating this which would be their store policy. If you walk in to an ATT corporate store, you are able to bring your device and activate it on the network (Simple Mobile is a ATT/T-Mobile MVNO) at no charge. However, you would incur an activation fee on your first bill as well as possibly get prorated charges, which is normal for any carrier. 🙂 does this answer your question?

Scholar

• 

149 Messages

10 years ago

Yes rayosun it does

Scholar

• 

149 Messages

10 years ago

I have a net10 att phone simple mobile is not sold in my area .

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@Rayosun wrote:
This definitely sounds more like an authorized dealer store stating this which would be their store policy. If you walk in to an ATT corporate store, you are able to bring your device and activate it on the network 

This was my thought, as well.  If you see "authorized dealer" on the storefront, its not an AT&T company store, but basically just a franchise or independent store that plays by their own rules.  Go to a corporate AT&T store for the best service, if possible.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.