Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 18, 2013
11:41:55 AM
View profile
internet issue from switching from Windows phone to Android phone... :(

could someone please let me know if there is supposed to be any issues when switching from a Windows phone to an Android? thing is...my friend had busted her Windows phone and i had one that i had from At&t which is still in excellent condition and its an Android (samsung captivate), she bought it from me....everything works cept shes not able to use the internet. Why is this!? Smiley Sad

could someone please let me know if there is supposed to be any issues when switching from a Windows phone to an Android? thing is...my friend had busted her Windows phone and i had one that i had from At&t which is still in excellent condition and its an Android (samsung captivate), she bought it from me....everything works cept shes not able to use the internet. Why is this!? Smiley Sad

internet issue from switching from Windows phone to Android phone... :(

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2013 12:10:53 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

There may not be a data plan associated with her SIM card. 

Ask her to log on to her att.com account and check what services she has. 

Let us know if that helps!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

There may not be a data plan associated with her SIM card. 

Ask her to log on to her att.com account and check what services she has. 

Let us know if that helps!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: internet issue from switching from Windows phone to Android phone... :(

2 of 5 (2,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2013 12:17:28 PM
(0)
Contributor

ok, i will, thank u so much for reply!

ok, i will, thank u so much for reply!

3 of 5 (2,095 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2013 12:30:11 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

You're welcome!

--------------

You're welcome!

--------------

4 of 5 (2,090 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2013 12:32:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

If the Windows Phone is equipped with LTE, it uses a different APN than a phone that does not have LTE (which the Captivate does now).  This alone would prevent the data network from working.  You can resolve this by manually entering the non-LTE APN (just Google around for AT&T APN settings), or calling AT&T to see what APN the account is provisioned for .

If the Windows Phone is equipped with LTE, it uses a different APN than a phone that does not have LTE (which the Captivate does now).  This alone would prevent the data network from working.  You can resolve this by manually entering the non-LTE APN (just Google around for AT&T APN settings), or calling AT&T to see what APN the account is provisioned for .

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (2,089 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments