Helpful Links

htc one 4.4 kitkat

Tutor

htc one 4.4 kitkat

When is the update coming to the HTC one. I'm running 4.3 but want 4.4 and heard it is spouse to come out today the 29th
Message 1 of 46
Mentor

Re: htc one 4.4 kitkat

Right now HTC twitter is saying later this month for ATT rollout.  Maybe they are getting sick of replying to same question over and over.  I bet they hate how the carriers handle this.  They should know better not to promise dates unless it is Sprint.  But they need all of help they can get so I understand why they are usually first.

not ready to say I am done with ATT too vested in a great plan.  But I definitely won't reward them either with additional business or new phone purchases.  Nexus or unlocked iPhone if they bump up the screen size. I am done with custom roms and done with waiting for something ATT can care less about.

Message 16 of 46
Scholar

the delay goes on.  it's crazy how long they've had software for this device and are still "certifying" it.  it's one thing to be angry or duped as a customer, it's another to be disregarded on the whole.  sometimes i just feel so stupid for even entertaining them with my money, contract or not.  what a screwed up capitalist system we live in.

Message 17 of 46
Mentor

Sprint just released Kit Kat for the Note3 today.  That makes three phones ATT is now behind on.  This is starting tor get pathetic.  you are right, it is a total disregard for the customer.  Feel like selling my phone today and buying a Nexus.  

Message 18 of 46

I agree with the comments in this thread.  AT&T does not have a valid excuse for their incompetence in responding quickly with updates.  They will have to get more competetive in this regard or else they will lose customers to other carriers at an increasing rate.  For HTC to release the update and it take 20+ days to apply bloatware on the carriers part is unacceptable.  The least AT&T could do is keep their customers informed of the progress or target date for release.  I'm out when my contract is up . . .

Message 19 of 46
Mentor

Is anyone in this thread really surprised that we're last in line for this update?

HTC made a huge mistake to make the announcement that by end of January all HTC One carrier variants would have the update.  However, being that Sprint and Verizon users already got it, and this week T-Mobile will have it, it's quite obvious (or it should be) that HTC did their part.

If it weren't for the great service I received from ONE person on the Social Media side of AT&T I would have demanded to be let out of my contract by now.  This has happened to me with the last 3 phones I've purchased, which were each promised to be among the first in line to get the next update and thanks to AT&T I was last. 

Truly pathetic, but I'm in no way surprised by this at all.

Message 20 of 46
Mentor

Not surprised, just continually disappointed.  Grandfathered unlimited data, great corp discount, good coverage area, the only reasons I stick around right now.  Definitely isn't the customer service and the sense that ATT Is looking out for their customers In the long run.

Message 21 of 46
Scholar

Message 22 of 46
Scholar

Just Maybe, not too long now.  But never know with AT&T record.

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-one-att-tmob-348238/ 

Message 23 of 46
Mentor

Right.  Congrats ATT, you now have the honor of being dead last in the update race. Your attempts were too little too late.

But seriously, I know we will have our update soon but with T-Mo getting theirs now you have shown a complete disregard for your customers but letting the competition beat you to the finish line.  Way to go. Your hard work at incompetence has paid off.  Thumbs up.  Pop the corks, time to celebrate.

Message 24 of 46
Scholar

Getting reports of people downloading it NOW on T-Mobile.  564.27MB Update

Message 25 of 46
Contributor

I know att isn't the first one to update but I was a long time sprint user and att is still better than sprint ever was that being Said where is our update att ? I just hope they have worked out most of the bugs sprint was notorious for screwing up your device with updates
Message 26 of 46
Tutor

Att from what I heard is just about done with it. It should be rolling out within a day or to maybe. But after the HTC I'm going to a nexus 5 or whatever nexus they have or a Google play edition one
Message 27 of 46
Scholar

the insulting part is that we all know the software has received technical approval and is only a matter of hours or days away from OTA, yet AT&T still cna't manage to convey that message to consumers.  they'd rather just police their boards and make sure no one says any bad word about their fearless leader. 

Message 28 of 46
Mentor

Given their history I would be shocked by the sudden increase in transparency.  I don't mind finding out guerilla style when it becomes available but given the one hour difference between the certification updates you would think if ATT really wanted to do right by their customers they would push the update out this weekend like T-Mo did.  

The bureaucracy and complete disconnect from the customer value proposition that exists within ATT is getting worse and worse.  Now they just don't care about being last and that is a shame.

Message 29 of 46
Scholar

Getting reports of people downloading  Kit Kat as we speak on  T-Mobile.  564.27MB update.

Message 30 of 46
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support