Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 29, 2014
12:45:05 PM
htc one 4.4 kitkat
When is the update coming to the HTC one. I'm running 4.3 but want 4.4 and heard it is spouse to come out today the 29th
When is the update coming to the HTC one. I'm running 4.3 but want 4.4 and heard it is spouse to come out today the 29th

htc one 4.4 kitkat

45 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(45)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 2:10:24 PM
(0)
Teacher

what happened with this update?

what happened with this update?

Re: htc one 4.4 kitkat

2 of 46 (9,203 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 4:22:38 PM
(0)
Scholar

The kitkat release is already certified by  the AT&T testing team for the HTC ONE meaning it should start appearing via OTA in a few days if not magically sooner!

The kitkat release is already certified by  the AT&T testing team for the HTC ONE meaning it should start appearing via OTA in a few days if not magically sooner!

3 of 46 (9,173 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 5:42:34 PM
(0)
Teacher

Great I'll start watching for it to show up on my HTC One

Great I'll start watching for it to show up on my HTC One

4 of 46 (9,154 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 10:07:03 PM
(0)
Tutor
Ya I contacted HTC on Twitter and they said they had no control over it now because they handed it to at&t. Also I wanna know what from kitkat is getting put into the one
Ya I contacted HTC on Twitter and they said they had no control over it now because they handed it to at&t. Also I wanna know what from kitkat is getting put into the one

5 of 46 (9,129 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 2:48:01 PM
(0)
Contributor
I got a text message from AT&T stating that the 4.4 download was read and to go into device settings, At&t software update to update. Every time I check it says "Your phone is currently up to date. Check back again in 24 hours." I'm currently on 4.3. Did anyone else get a text message?
I got a text message from AT&T stating that the 4.4 download was read and to go into device settings, At&t software update to update. Every time I check it says "Your phone is currently up to date. Check back again in 24 hours." I'm currently on 4.3. Did anyone else get a text message?

6 of 46 (9,047 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 6:59:58 PM
(0)
Teacher

I havent recived an text message saying that

I havent recived an text message saying that

7 of 46 (9,022 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 4:41:50 PM
(0)
Contributor
How much longer at&t? If its the bloatware holding it up, I think we can all agree on leaving it off for this update.
How much longer at&t? If its the bloatware holding it up, I think we can all agree on leaving it off for this update.

8 of 46 (8,100 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 5:58:09 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 11, 2014 at 8:54:27 PM

I can't wait for this update, and for my contract to expire in april so I can be sure to never again go on contract with AT&T.  

The way this company treats its customers make me sick, and starts right at the top with *** McStephenson running to show.

[Inappropriate content removed]

I can't wait for this update, and for my contract to expire in april so I can be sure to never again go on contract with AT&T.  

The way this company treats its customers make me sick, and starts right at the top with *** McStephenson running to show.

[Inappropriate content removed]

[ Edited ]
9 of 46 (8,085 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 6:51:49 PM
(0)
Mentor

As I mentioned before I don't expect ATT to be first but last?  The fact Verizon beat them to this does not bode well for future Android updates, any phone OEM for that matter.  They either don't care enough or the bureaucracy is too deep to get things cleared fast enough.  Bloat ware isn't good enough of an excuse.  Verizon has bloat but they have there update as of last week.

Nexus 5 here I come.  No Next contracts, no renewels. They don't care enough so why should I?

As I mentioned before I don't expect ATT to be first but last?  The fact Verizon beat them to this does not bode well for future Android updates, any phone OEM for that matter.  They either don't care enough or the bureaucracy is too deep to get things cleared fast enough.  Bloat ware isn't good enough of an excuse.  Verizon has bloat but they have there update as of last week.

Nexus 5 here I come.  No Next contracts, no renewels. They don't care enough so why should I?

10 of 46 (8,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 8:56:51 PM
(0)
Tutor
I'm probably gonna root and ROM it
I'm probably gonna root and ROM it

11 of 46 (8,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 6:22:36 AM
(0)
Scholar

AT&T is Almost always the LAST with Updates. So do not expect it to change.  They do not seem to care about customers and Updates.

AT&T is Almost always the LAST with Updates. So do not expect it to change.  They do not seem to care about customers and Updates.

12 of 46 (7,988 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 7:12:59 PM
(0)
Mentor

Yeah, it looks like we will be last after all.  according to HTC twitter TMo will get this in the next day or two.  Still saying a week or so with ATT.

So much for that hardware argument mentioned earlier by support.  Next it will be about radio bands and frequency. Smiley Happy

Yeah, it looks like we will be last after all.  according to HTC twitter TMo will get this in the next day or two.  Still saying a week or so with ATT.

So much for that hardware argument mentioned earlier by support.  Next it will be about radio bands and frequency. Smiley Happy

13 of 46 (7,859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2014 11:26:06 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by kgbkny on Feb 13, 2014 at 11:28:08 AM

dario69 wrote:

Excellent decision. My wife and I both use unbloated, unlocked phones (Nexus 5 and Galaxy S4 Google Edition) and have no plans on ever purchasing carrier-branded phones. I just switched us over to the Mobile Share Value Plan with a 10 GB data package, saving us a rather significant amount of money over our existing plan.

I know it might be tempting to some users to take advantage of a subsidy, but is it really worth the constant update delays and dealing with bloatware?

dario69 wrote:

Excellent decision. My wife and I both use unbloated, unlocked phones (Nexus 5 and Galaxy S4 Google Edition) and have no plans on ever purchasing carrier-branded phones. I just switched us over to the Mobile Share Value Plan with a 10 GB data package, saving us a rather significant amount of money over our existing plan.

I know it might be tempting to some users to take advantage of a subsidy, but is it really worth the constant update delays and dealing with bloatware?

[ Edited ]
14 of 46 (7,758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 7:27:58 AM
(0)
Scholar

yep, done here, as well.  i actually love ATTs coverage in my area, but coverage in general is plateauing all over, so not that concerned.  i'm absolutely never signing a contract again with att, and fully intend to bounce around on carriers with nlocked devices, taking on the best deal possible. ATT simply doesn't understand customer satisfaction. 

yep, done here, as well.  i actually love ATTs coverage in my area, but coverage in general is plateauing all over, so not that concerned.  i'm absolutely never signing a contract again with att, and fully intend to bounce around on carriers with nlocked devices, taking on the best deal possible. ATT simply doesn't understand customer satisfaction. 

15 of 46 (7,637 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 6:17:23 PM
(0)
Mentor

Right now HTC twitter is saying later this month for ATT rollout.  Maybe they are getting sick of replying to same question over and over.  I bet they hate how the carriers handle this.  They should know better not to promise dates unless it is Sprint.  But they need all of help they can get so I understand why they are usually first.

not ready to say I am done with ATT too vested in a great plan.  But I definitely won't reward them either with additional business or new phone purchases.  Nexus or unlocked iPhone if they bump up the screen size. I am done with custom roms and done with waiting for something ATT can care less about.

Right now HTC twitter is saying later this month for ATT rollout.  Maybe they are getting sick of replying to same question over and over.  I bet they hate how the carriers handle this.  They should know better not to promise dates unless it is Sprint.  But they need all of help they can get so I understand why they are usually first.

not ready to say I am done with ATT too vested in a great plan.  But I definitely won't reward them either with additional business or new phone purchases.  Nexus or unlocked iPhone if they bump up the screen size. I am done with custom roms and done with waiting for something ATT can care less about.

16 of 46 (7,556 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 9:40:30 PM
(0)
Scholar

the delay goes on.  it's crazy how long they've had software for this device and are still "certifying" it.  it's one thing to be angry or duped as a customer, it's another to be disregarded on the whole.  sometimes i just feel so stupid for even entertaining them with my money, contract or not.  what a screwed up capitalist system we live in.

the delay goes on.  it's crazy how long they've had software for this device and are still "certifying" it.  it's one thing to be angry or duped as a customer, it's another to be disregarded on the whole.  sometimes i just feel so stupid for even entertaining them with my money, contract or not.  what a screwed up capitalist system we live in.

17 of 46 (7,115 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 6:47:22 AM
(0)
Mentor

Sprint just released Kit Kat for the Note3 today.  That makes three phones ATT is now behind on.  This is starting tor get pathetic.  you are right, it is a total disregard for the customer.  Feel like selling my phone today and buying a Nexus.  

Sprint just released Kit Kat for the Note3 today.  That makes three phones ATT is now behind on.  This is starting tor get pathetic.  you are right, it is a total disregard for the customer.  Feel like selling my phone today and buying a Nexus.  

18 of 46 (7,070 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 11:38:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

I agree with the comments in this thread.  AT&T does not have a valid excuse for their incompetence in responding quickly with updates.  They will have to get more competetive in this regard or else they will lose customers to other carriers at an increasing rate.  For HTC to release the update and it take 20+ days to apply bloatware on the carriers part is unacceptable.  The least AT&T could do is keep their customers informed of the progress or target date for release.  I'm out when my contract is up . . .

I agree with the comments in this thread.  AT&T does not have a valid excuse for their incompetence in responding quickly with updates.  They will have to get more competetive in this regard or else they will lose customers to other carriers at an increasing rate.  For HTC to release the update and it take 20+ days to apply bloatware on the carriers part is unacceptable.  The least AT&T could do is keep their customers informed of the progress or target date for release.  I'm out when my contract is up . . .

19 of 46 (7,036 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 1:31:39 PM
(0)
Mentor

Is anyone in this thread really surprised that we're last in line for this update?

HTC made a huge mistake to make the announcement that by end of January all HTC One carrier variants would have the update.  However, being that Sprint and Verizon users already got it, and this week T-Mobile will have it, it's quite obvious (or it should be) that HTC did their part.

If it weren't for the great service I received from ONE person on the Social Media side of AT&T I would have demanded to be let out of my contract by now.  This has happened to me with the last 3 phones I've purchased, which were each promised to be among the first in line to get the next update and thanks to AT&T I was last. 

Truly pathetic, but I'm in no way surprised by this at all.

Is anyone in this thread really surprised that we're last in line for this update?

HTC made a huge mistake to make the announcement that by end of January all HTC One carrier variants would have the update.  However, being that Sprint and Verizon users already got it, and this week T-Mobile will have it, it's quite obvious (or it should be) that HTC did their part.

If it weren't for the great service I received from ONE person on the Social Media side of AT&T I would have demanded to be let out of my contract by now.  This has happened to me with the last 3 phones I've purchased, which were each promised to be among the first in line to get the next update and thanks to AT&T I was last. 

Truly pathetic, but I'm in no way surprised by this at all.

20 of 46 (7,013 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2014 3:56:18 PM
(0)
Mentor

Not surprised, just continually disappointed.  Grandfathered unlimited data, great corp discount, good coverage area, the only reasons I stick around right now.  Definitely isn't the customer service and the sense that ATT Is looking out for their customers In the long run.

Not surprised, just continually disappointed.  Grandfathered unlimited data, great corp discount, good coverage area, the only reasons I stick around right now.  Definitely isn't the customer service and the sense that ATT Is looking out for their customers In the long run.

21 of 46 (6,989 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

[ Edited ]
22 of 46 (6,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 4:02:29 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by tailgunner9 on Feb 21, 2014 at 4:03:37 PM

Just Maybe, not too long now.  But never know with AT&T record.

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-one-att-tmob-348238/ 

Just Maybe, not too long now.  But never know with AT&T record.

http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-one-att-tmob-348238/ 

[ Edited ]
23 of 46 (6,870 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2014 7:57:34 PM
(0)
Mentor

Right.  Congrats ATT, you now have the honor of being dead last in the update race. Your attempts were too little too late.

But seriously, I know we will have our update soon but with T-Mo getting theirs now you have shown a complete disregard for your customers but letting the competition beat you to the finish line.  Way to go. Your hard work at incompetence has paid off.  Thumbs up.  Pop the corks, time to celebrate.

Right.  Congrats ATT, you now have the honor of being dead last in the update race. Your attempts were too little too late.

But seriously, I know we will have our update soon but with T-Mo getting theirs now you have shown a complete disregard for your customers but letting the competition beat you to the finish line.  Way to go. Your hard work at incompetence has paid off.  Thumbs up.  Pop the corks, time to celebrate.

24 of 46 (6,841 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 6:19:01 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by tailgunner9 on Feb 22, 2014 at 6:35:05 AM

Getting reports of people downloading it NOW on T-Mobile.  564.27MB Update

Getting reports of people downloading it NOW on T-Mobile.  564.27MB Update

[ Edited ]
25 of 46 (6,787 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 8:11:02 AM
(0)
Contributor
I know att isn't the first one to update but I was a long time sprint user and att is still better than sprint ever was that being Said where is our update att ? I just hope they have worked out most of the bugs sprint was notorious for screwing up your device with updates
I know att isn't the first one to update but I was a long time sprint user and att is still better than sprint ever was that being Said where is our update att ? I just hope they have worked out most of the bugs sprint was notorious for screwing up your device with updates

26 of 46 (6,765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 9:15:17 AM
(0)
Tutor
Att from what I heard is just about done with it. It should be rolling out within a day or to maybe. But after the HTC I'm going to a nexus 5 or whatever nexus they have or a Google play edition one
Att from what I heard is just about done with it. It should be rolling out within a day or to maybe. But after the HTC I'm going to a nexus 5 or whatever nexus they have or a Google play edition one

27 of 46 (6,752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 1:25:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

the insulting part is that we all know the software has received technical approval and is only a matter of hours or days away from OTA, yet AT&T still cna't manage to convey that message to consumers.  they'd rather just police their boards and make sure no one says any bad word about their fearless leader. 

the insulting part is that we all know the software has received technical approval and is only a matter of hours or days away from OTA, yet AT&T still cna't manage to convey that message to consumers.  they'd rather just police their boards and make sure no one says any bad word about their fearless leader. 

28 of 46 (6,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 3:30:33 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by dario69 on Feb 22, 2014 at 3:31:05 PM

Given their history I would be shocked by the sudden increase in transparency.  I don't mind finding out guerilla style when it becomes available but given the one hour difference between the certification updates you would think if ATT really wanted to do right by their customers they would push the update out this weekend like T-Mo did.  

The bureaucracy and complete disconnect from the customer value proposition that exists within ATT is getting worse and worse.  Now they just don't care about being last and that is a shame.

Given their history I would be shocked by the sudden increase in transparency.  I don't mind finding out guerilla style when it becomes available but given the one hour difference between the certification updates you would think if ATT really wanted to do right by their customers they would push the update out this weekend like T-Mo did.  

The bureaucracy and complete disconnect from the customer value proposition that exists within ATT is getting worse and worse.  Now they just don't care about being last and that is a shame.

[ Edited ]
29 of 46 (6,689 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 4:38:01 AM
(0)
Scholar

Getting reports of people downloading  Kit Kat as we speak on  T-Mobile.  564.27MB update.

Getting reports of people downloading  Kit Kat as we speak on  T-Mobile.  564.27MB update.

30 of 46 (6,623 Views)