how to get custom ringtones functioning on the SHARP FX Plus

Teacher

how to get custom ringtones functioning on the SHARP FX Plus

I have put ringtones and songs onto the SD card, but can't get them to show up in the ringtone selection options.  Is it because they have to be put into a special place on the phone?  I tried downloading one from Zedge that was formatted for my phone, but it won't show up either.

Message 1 of 6
Scholar

Re: how to get custom ringtones functioning on the SHARP FX Plus

On most Android phones, use your Music playing app to browse to where your have your ringtone.

Long-press on the filename and you should be given several options, one of which is "Set as ringtone".

Message 2 of 6
Expert

bgthigfist wrote:

I have put ringtones and songs onto the SD card, but can't get them to show up in the ringtone selection options.  Is it because they have to be put into a special place on the phone?  I tried downloading one from Zedge that was formatted for my phone, but it won't show up either.

I think I've taken notice that if they're too long, they'll only show as music. You may have to shorten them so they'll show  in your ringtones. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 3 of 6
Teacher

When I do this, the only options I get are 'send move copy rename & delete'

I tried using a ringtone that Zedge said would work on my phone.  I have a couple of things that showed up (wav files) in my 'select ringtones' options, but I don't know why some show up and other's don't.

Is there a certain folder where I need to put them?

Message 4 of 6
Teacher

Nevermind.  The phone wanted them in a specific folder.  I plunked them around until I found the right one.

Thanks for yall's input.

Message 5 of 6
Expert

Glad you figured it out. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support