The Samsung Galaxy S24
bgthigfist's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Sunday, May 5th, 2013 6:05 PM

how to get custom ringtones functioning on the SHARP FX Plus

I have put ringtones and songs onto the SD card, but can't get them to show up in the ringtone selection options.  Is it because they have to be put into a special place on the phone?  I tried downloading one from Zedge that was formatted for my phone, but it won't show up either.

Scholar

• 

211 Messages

11 years ago

On most Android phones, use your Music playing app to browse to where your have your ringtone.

Long-press on the filename and you should be given several options, one of which is "Set as ringtone".

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@bgthigfist wrote:

I have put ringtones and songs onto the SD card, but can't get them to show up in the ringtone selection options.  Is it because they have to be put into a special place on the phone?  I tried downloading one from Zedge that was formatted for my phone, but it won't show up either.

I think I've taken notice that if they're too long, they'll only show as music. You may have to shorten them so they'll show  in your ringtones. 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

When I do this, the only options I get are 'send move copy rename & delete'

I tried using a ringtone that Zedge said would work on my phone.  I have a couple of things that showed up (wav files) in my 'select ringtones' options, but I don't know why some show up and other's don't.

Is there a certain folder where I need to put them?

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

Nevermind.  The phone wanted them in a specific folder.  I plunked them around until I found the right one.

Thanks for yall's input.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

Glad you figured it out. 🙂
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.