Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 16, 2012
2:13:58 PM
View profile
how can i uninstall at&t messaging on galaxy s3?

I installed the AT&T Messaging app and signed up for the service, but I don't like the way it works. Now it's disabled message notification in the "Messaging" icon - how do I get rid of all this stuff?

I installed the AT&T Messaging app and signed up for the service, but I don't like the way it works. Now it's disabled message notification in the "Messaging" icon - how do I get rid of all this stuff?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 16, 2012 3:24:39 PM
(0)
Professor

AT&T Messages app cant actually be uninstalled because it is a "Bloatware" app that AT&T keeps on the phone since its an AT&T phone. You can however change the default messaging app, and use the Samsung messaging app, or any other 3rd part app (I recommend GoSMS), you get from the app store.

FYI

If u wanna change the default messaging app, You can do this by going to Settings -> Application Manager...then go to the AT&T messages app and click "clear default"...it should no longer open automatically and you can select any other messaging app as default

Accepted Solution

how can i uninstall at&t messaging on galaxy s3?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 16, 2012 3:24:39 PM
(0)
Professor

AT&T Messages app cant actually be uninstalled because it is a "Bloatware" app that AT&T keeps on the phone since its an AT&T phone. You can however change the default messaging app, and use the Samsung messaging app, or any other 3rd part app (I recommend GoSMS), you get from the app store.

FYI

If u wanna change the default messaging app, You can do this by going to Settings -> Application Manager...then go to the AT&T messages app and click "clear default"...it should no longer open automatically and you can select any other messaging app as default

FYI

Re: how can i uninstall at&t messaging on galaxy s3?

2 of 7 (46,431 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 11, 2014 10:06:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

Even though you can't uninstall it, you can make it go away. Settings-application manager- and then select AT&T messages. Hit the "uninstall updates, turn off, and then for fun go ahead and hit force stop. This doesn't remove it completely from the phone, but it does take up much less space and will be removed from the app tray. You can do this with all the blaotware on galaxy s3.

Even though you can't uninstall it, you can make it go away. Settings-application manager- and then select AT&T messages. Hit the "uninstall updates, turn off, and then for fun go ahead and hit force stop. This doesn't remove it completely from the phone, but it does take up much less space and will be removed from the app tray. You can do this with all the blaotware on galaxy s3.

3 of 7 (18,113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 7:57:32 AM
(0)
Contributor

In addition to turning off the app on the phone, you may have to manage the online account as well.  Go to http://messages.att.net and log in or register.

In addition to turning off the app on the phone, you may have to manage the online account as well.  Go to http://messages.att.net and log in or register.

4 of 7 (15,876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 6:43:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

Root and ROM!!! Gets rid of all the ATT and Samsung junk that nobody uses. Great device but aweful software.

Root and ROM!!! Gets rid of all the ATT and Samsung junk that nobody uses. Great device but aweful software.

5 of 7 (14,683 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 7:20:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

I did this but it only changes what app opens when I click the send text message in contacts, it doesn't enable notifications from the standard app.

I did this but it only changes what app opens when I click the send text message in contacts, it doesn't enable notifications from the standard app.

6 of 7 (14,602 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 7:29:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

I found it - I didn't disable the app itself, since I wanted the voicemail box, but I disabled its notifications in app manager, but that doesn't stop it from hiding other app's notifications. I had to disable the notification in the settings within the app.

I found it - I didn't disable the app itself, since I wanted the voicemail box, but I disabled its notifications in app manager, but that doesn't stop it from hiding other app's notifications. I had to disable the notification in the settings within the app.

7 of 7 (14,599 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments