The Samsung Galaxy S24
jsm555's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Sunday, September 16th, 2012 9:13 PM

how can i uninstall at&t messaging on galaxy s3?

I installed the AT&T Messaging app and signed up for the service, but I don't like the way it works. Now it's disabled message notification in the "Messaging" icon - how do I get rid of all this stuff?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

12 years ago

AT&T Messages app cant actually be uninstalled because it is a "Bloatware" app that AT&T keeps on the phone since its an AT&T phone. You can however change the default messaging app, and use the Samsung messaging app, or any other 3rd part app (I recommend GoSMS), you get from the app store.

FYI

If u wanna change the default messaging app, You can do this by going to Settings -> Application Manager...then go to the AT&T messages app and click "clear default"...it should no longer open automatically and you can select any other messaging app as default

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Even though you can't uninstall it, you can make it go away. Settings-application manager- and then select AT&T messages. Hit the "uninstall updates, turn off, and then for fun go ahead and hit force stop. This doesn't remove it completely from the phone, but it does take up much less space and will be removed from the app tray. You can do this with all the blaotware on galaxy s3.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

In addition to turning off the app on the phone, you may have to manage the online account as well.  Go to http://messages.att.net and log in or register.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Root and ROM!!! Gets rid of all the ATT and Samsung junk that nobody uses. Great device but aweful software.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I did this but it only changes what app opens when I click the send text message in contacts, it doesn't enable notifications from the standard app.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I found it - I didn't disable the app itself, since I wanted the voicemail box, but I disabled its notifications in app manager, but that doesn't stop it from hiding other app's notifications. I had to disable the notification in the settings within the app.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.