For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
gomezgoten3q's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, December 4th, 2016 2:42 AM

hi

A couple days I buy two phones at Best Buy two att LG phone for my father and my mom But there use different carrier can you guys help me my email ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

All prepaid GoPhones require 6 months of service on the AT&T prepaid service before they can be unlocked. That is, if unlocking AT&T phones for use on another carrier is what you're talking about here.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

yes

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@gomezgoten3q

What David is saying is, return the phones and buy phones for the carrier they use.  ATT does not unlock their gophones until you pay for service for 6 months.  

Best Buy sells many phones that are unlock.  Please shop more carefully. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

wow that's why I'm not a customer for att

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

You purchased phones that were LOCKED to the AT&T network so what did you expect?

These phones are not sold to be used on other networks. They are sold to be used on AT&T prepaid service. The price a GoPhone is sold at is not the same as the full retail cost of the phones.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-k7-4g-lte-with-8gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked/5049400.p?skuId=5049400

Notice how this unlocked LG K7 (identical to the Phoenix 2) is sold at a price that is $40-50 higher than the AT&T GoPhone price. It's because the GoPhone price is subsidized and dependent on active prepaid service to make up the difference.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.