Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 9, 2013
11:15:48 PM
View profile
help with imeassage
my old phone was an iphone and my new phone is an htc one. on my iphone. the imeassage account is still running and wont let me use my phone to text people. please help
my old phone was an iphone and my new phone is an htc one. on my iphone. the imeassage account is still running and wont let me use my phone to text people. please help

help with imeassage

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 5:52:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Have you told AT&T you have switched phones? Perhaps it's something they can help you with.

Have you told AT&T you have switched phones? Perhaps it's something they can help you with.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: help with imeassage

2 of 3 (3,286 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 7:50:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dmapr wrote:

+1.  I believe if you call AT&T, and tell them you switched phone, they can deactivate iMessage.  Even if you upgraded through AT&T, they might not have deactivated iMessage correctly.  But I think they can do it for you.

Also, I think its been reported on here, if you open iTunes on your computer, and delete the iPhone from your iTunes account, it will also deactivate iMessage.

dmapr wrote:

+1.  I believe if you call AT&T, and tell them you switched phone, they can deactivate iMessage.  Even if you upgraded through AT&T, they might not have deactivated iMessage correctly.  But I think they can do it for you.

Also, I think its been reported on here, if you open iTunes on your computer, and delete the iPhone from your iTunes account, it will also deactivate iMessage.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: help with imeassage

3 of 3 (3,273 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments