For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
joemach's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Saturday, March 14th, 2015 9:43 PM

getting new contracts

So my fiance and I went into a store in sioux falls, we had them run our credit scores which hers is well above 600 and they said you do not qualify for the next program which I saw people in there that I know don't have a good credit score yet got new phones. Then said you qualify for zero down you just need to pay full price for a phone. Seriously we qualified for zero down on a phone yet we have to pay full 2 yr pricing on a new phone. This sounds pretty sceptical and when I called about it I was told its a deposit then I was told that we had to pay for the phone. I don't think nor believe that AT&T wants to make the situation right. Sad thing is we were ready to sign a contract with them and begin a phone contract with this company now I think maybe verizon would be a better option since at least they would include a deposit on the first bill to get new customers unlike AT&T. Guess if im wrong then sign us up correct your mistake make it right instead of treating me and her like crap.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

99 Messages

9 years ago

There is a pretty distinct difference between getting a phone on a 2 year contract and the Next Program

Next Program - You pay full retail price of the phone in installment payments over the course of 20, 24, or 30 months. You are eligible for upgrade after 12, 18, and 24 months respectively. Usually best option for those on MSV plan of 10gb or higher. Only state/local sales tax due up front. No Activation or Upgrade fees

2 Year Contract - You pay a reduced price for the phone up front along with state/local sales tax with the agreement that you will maintain services *on that line* for 2 years. You are eligible for upgrade once that contract is fullfilled. You will have an Activation or Upgrade fee of $40 on the bill following the upgrade (unless waived by an agreement between your employer/school and AT&T). Usually the best option for those on MSV plan of 6gb or lower and those still grandfathered into the FamilyTalk/Nation Plans

With the MSV plans there is a slight distinction between the two options. With the Next Program you will see a $15 discount per line under the Next Program for plans of 6gb or lower and a $25 discount per line under the Next Program to help offset the fact that you are also paying off your device in installments

With 2 year contracts and MSV plans, you will not see that discount and this is because ALL carriers are moving away from subsidizing phones and this offset the cost of the phone because only about 20% of the phone (on average) is paid up front.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

I wonder if this company is really that incompetent to acknowledge they're wrong and afraid to correct they're mistake even if it means losing some money right away. I was with verizon for 9 years and was very loyal to them now im not sure if I would come to this phone company with how we have been treated without even being customers yet. If you're a customer or trying to sign up be cautious because if you feel like you've been done wrong I don't think this company will make things right. They have not even tried to contact me at all. ....talking to the better business bureau to have AT&T taken out of business for falsely lying and poor business conduct. So new and existing customers beware because AT&T will not do anything for a new or existing customer. They only look out for themselves and do not care about customer service.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Whatever ill make you think its all good.So guess if you want to correct it you have my phone number and email address.

Scholar

• 

99 Messages

9 years ago

This has been how things have worked for going on 1.5 years.

They told you that you can activate/upgrade with zero down and pay for the full price of the phone in installments....that *is* the Next Program...and yes, it does state that sales tax is due at the time of activation.

What malice and intentionally misleading information were you given?

If you're not happy with the options available, it is America and you are free to choose whatever cell phone providor you deem "worthy"...and it'll cost you a LOT less than any lawsuit...in both time, energy, and money

BTW, all of the major providors have similar programs/options for purchasing new phones

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

I know what the next program is. My issue is that you can not say its zero down then say you have to pay for a phone at the 2 yr price. What im getting out of this is AT&T is not willing to accept the fact they have messed up and they do not want to correct the issue. By saying its zero down then say we need to pay a 2 yr price is misleading and malicious. You can not have it both ways.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Okay can we do it now 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Yes

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Hello

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.