The Samsung Galaxy S24
gs4's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, June 16th, 2013 7:12 PM

galaxy s4

I need help with my galaxy s4 i want to use the camera to take a pic then use the pic to do a search on the internet. When i first got the phone and you tapped on the google search bar it would give me an option to enter text or take a pic to search the web but i cannot find the option anymore, i have looked everywhere on the web trying to find out where the option is to image search but the only thing that comes up are seperate apps you can use to do it. PLEAS HELP

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

11 years ago

Firstly, I just use the Google Goggles application (Play Store link: http://goo.gl/8dMyw ) to do that- it does the same thing but was the original version of the image search function (that was what I got used to so it is still a habit).  Secondly (and more to your point I think), it seems that Google removed that functionality from the Google Search app (the search bar is really a standalone app), because I don't have that option in either my Nexus 4 or Galaxy S 3 (both are stock, on the latest firmware).  I'll try to research it a little more for you

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

When you tap the Google Search bar and are brought to the Google Now/search screen, tap the menu button.  The option for "Search with camera" is there.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Cool thanks I was just wondering cause I was able to search with my camera
and now the option to do that is gone if you hold down on the microphone
icon on the keyboard it gives you options to enter text by using
handwriting ,voice and there is an icon of a camera but if you try to use
it .it just looks for text and does not let you search by pic

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I tried hitting the google search bar from my home screen and the once the keyboard opens I hit the menu button and I guess im blind but I dont see anything about search with camera I see the options and settings for voice search can you send me a screen shot

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

@gs4 wrote:
I tried hitting the google search bar from my home screen and the once the keyboard opens I hit the menu button and I guess im blind but I dont see anything about search with camera I see the options and settings for voice search can you send me a screen shot

I don't see the option that I referred to in my previous post anymore, so I can't send a screenshot.  I'm not sure if I selected it when I typed the post earlier, and that's why it's not showing up now.

I found that Google Goggles works better for me for searches with the camera, anyway.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.