The Samsung Galaxy S24
kjsindy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 16th, 2013 4:00 AM

galaxy s4 water damage indicator and screen lockup

Hi, where are the water damage indicators on the S4? I took phone to ATT store due to screen lock up and they said it showed water damage. Research on internet seems to show the two areas I know of (small dot in batter compartment that is orange not deep red and completely white sticker on battery).

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/732848-what-color-water-damage-indicator-s4.html

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

11 years ago

Welcome kjsindy and thank you for your post!

As you described, there are two water damage indicators, one on the battery and the other one in the battery compartment:

1.PNG2.PNG

There might be other ways to tell if the device was exposed to water though, like the moisture under back cover or condensation under inside the screen.

Dmitriy

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

What is the normal color for the water damage indicator on the S4?  The posted photo appears to be light pink or orange.  Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

The color when therre is NO water damage at all detected on/in the phone is a yellowy orange color. such a great idea if it works properly. my cousin had an older model of an xperia or something samsung, and she went to hock it but couldnt because the dot had turned red cuz wehad used a baby wipe to lightly clean the phone and battery and got the dot wet loll. i love my S4

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.