The Samsung Galaxy S24
nbaldwin2's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 18th, 2012 4:51 AM

galaxy s3 At&t update making auto correct no longer work

I updated my GS3 with the update from At&t because there was no other way to remove it from my notifications bar and now auto correct won't work regardless of the settings I change. Once again i'm getting more and more problems from updates prompted by At&t. All these updates do is mess up what was perfect before. 

Anyone else having this problem?

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

It sounds like T9 was turned on. 

From your home screen click on Messaging, click new message, then hold down the settings button (the one that looks like a gear) located second from the left at the bottom. Un-check XT9 from the list.

Please let me know if that helps!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I have had the same problem, no auto correct since installing the update and tried checking and unchecking almost everything under Predicitive text on Samsung keyboard settings.  "Word completion", "spell correction", "next word prediction", "auto-append", "auto-substitution", "recapture" (which is where I think you were trying to tell the OP to change the "XT9 recommendations"). 

The OP wanted to HAVE the keyboard auto correct, I thought unchecking this was supposed to turn OFFautocorrect, not turn it on. 

It doesn't matter on my S III, I can't get autocorrect back no matter what option I choose.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Also found http://www.androidcentral.com/att-samsung-galaxy-s3-gets-software-update about 2/3 of the way down the page starting with xdocbombay several other people have had the same problem

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I just tried that on my S3 but do not see the settings button. The only options on the screen are to type, select a contact, add attachment and send.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I've read that this needs to become a "known issue" for it to change. That means we have to post on forums like these (not just android ones) saying that we're experiencing this problem. Hopefully whoever needs to see the posts will see them and there will be some sort of patch in the next update.

This sucks. Auto CORRECT is supposed to correct my mistakes not make them!

Scholar

• 

43 Messages

11 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I don't even have like any of those message setting options! I'm so confused as to why autocorrect doesn't work Nd I hate it. I have no XT9 option
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.