galaxy s2 shuts down in idle mode and doesn't make notification sound

galaxy s2 shuts down in idle mode and doesn't make notification sound

it started off by not making a notification sound on text messages, it would always ring on a phone call but randomly it will go hours without making notification sound then all the sudden it works again for a bit.  now its shutting itself off randomly during the day.  it started out by doing it once every few days now its happening a few times a day.  help!  i do not have any battery saver apps and only had two games installed, one of which i just deleted.  i have a font app, zedge, lookout and some bank apps installed.  i don't use it for the music player.  i browse the internet some and text.  but nothing is more annoying than to not be notified or find your phone shut off in your pocket when you were waiting for a phone call.

Message 1 of 4 (1,145 Views)
Mentor

Re: galaxy s2 shuts down in idle mode and doesn't make notification sound

Having the same problem too. Thought the new update might have fixed it but it seems to be worse. I used to love my android but now I'm wondering. 

Message 2 of 4 (1,091 Views)
Teacher

I called ATT and they confirmed that there was a bug in the software  and after telling them enough was enough; I told them that the next step was to go to Verizon.  They are now sending out a HTC phone.  Funny because they said it would be an older inspire 4g, but the email states that they are shipping a HTC one x.  It does not matter to me.  Just a phone that does what it is supposed to do.

Message 3 of 4 (1,077 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Hope at&t fixes this soon
Message 4 of 4 (986 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.