The Samsung Galaxy S24
vallerama34's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 21st, 2012 8:29 PM

galaxy s2 shuts down in idle mode and doesn't make notification sound

it started off by not making a notification sound on text messages, it would always ring on a phone call but randomly it will go hours without making notification sound then all the sudden it works again for a bit.  now its shutting itself off randomly during the day.  it started out by doing it once every few days now its happening a few times a day.  help!  i do not have any battery saver apps and only had two games installed, one of which i just deleted.  i have a font app, zedge, lookout and some bank apps installed.  i don't use it for the music player.  i browse the internet some and text.  but nothing is more annoying than to not be notified or find your phone shut off in your pocket when you were waiting for a phone call.

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

Having the same problem too. Thought the new update might have fixed it but it seems to be worse. I used to love my android but now I'm wondering. 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

I called ATT and they confirmed that there was a bug in the software  and after telling them enough was enough; I told them that the next step was to go to Verizon.  They are now sending out a HTC phone.  Funny because they said it would be an older inspire 4g, but the email states that they are shipping a HTC one x.  It does not matter to me.  Just a phone that does what it is supposed to do.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

11 years ago

Hope at&t fixes this soon
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.