For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
macgeek's profile

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 9:51 PM

do I need antivirus protection or not?

the guy at the ATT store said I do not need antivirus protection on this phone. but my bank says to install the 3 things below. so who do I listen to, the bank or the ATT guy? should I install these things or not?

•    Install a security app to enable you to find your mobile device if lost.
    •    Download a "remote wipe" app to your device to be able to delete all of its data if it is stolen. If it has been backed up, the information can be restored on a replacement device or the original if you get it back.
    •    Install a reputable mobile antivirus/security software if available for your device.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Andoid comes with locate and mobile wipe. I have never used antivirus on Android. Download Android device manager from the play store. Antivirus is not needed as Google sandbox's all apps. Now if your searching the dark web then yeah you need av.

Mentor

• 

59 Messages

7 years ago

thanks for your help. 🙂

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

I second android device manager and no anti virus.  

Download the app, and then figure out how to use it on another device.  If you don't practice, you'll freak out when you actually need to use it.  Usually set up requires turning off wifi and initiate on cellular.  

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Every antivirus I've seen on an Android phone was a resource hog and severely affected the phones performance and battery

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

How can I check to see if virus is in phone?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

How can I tell if my IPhone has a virus?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Android is by its very nature more secure than a desktop computer, so maybe you don’t need these security apps. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.