For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
afaia1978's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, July 25th, 2013 9:24 AM

changing my phone from a Pantech Link 2 (non smartphone) to a LG Nitro HD (smartphone)

to switch phones can i simply swap SIM cards and be done with it?  or, since i am upgrading to a smartphone will it be a much more extensive process?  any info is appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@afaia1978 wrote:

to switch phones can i simply swap SIM cards and be done with it?  or, since i am upgrading to a smartphone will it be a much more extensive process?  any info is appreciated.

No, sorry, you can't just switch your SIM card. You will need a new SIM Card since the LG is a 4G LTE phone and you'll need to add an appropriate data plan if you're using the phone on a postpaid account.  

Hope this helps.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

the LG still has it's original SIM card, do I have to get a brand new one or can that one be reused?  

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@afaia1978 wrote:

the LG still has it's original SIM card, do I have to get a brand new one or can that one be reused?  

You'll need a brand new one...that one won't really support 4G LTE. 

check this out http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/224898-there-difference-between-lte-sim-3g-sim.html

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

do they have to be purchased or can i just get a new one from at&t?  also, besides the addition of a new data plan would there be any kind of activation fee for switching phones?

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

You can get a sim from ATT, and you'll probably be charged a $36 upgrade fee.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

ok.  i think i got all the information i was looking for.  thanks for your time and asistance helping me get some answers.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

You're very welcome! 🙂
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.