changing my phone from a Pantech Link 2 (non smartphone) to a LG Nitro HD (smartphone)

Tutor

changing my phone from a Pantech Link 2 (non smartphone) to a LG Nitro HD (smartphone)

to switch phones can i simply swap SIM cards and be done with it?  or, since i am upgrading to a smartphone will it be a much more extensive process?  any info is appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
Highlighted
Expert

Re: changing my phone from a Pantech Link 2 (non smartphone) to a LG Nitro HD (smartphone)

afaia1978 wrote:

to switch phones can i simply swap SIM cards and be done with it?  or, since i am upgrading to a smartphone will it be a much more extensive process?  any info is appreciated.

No, sorry, you can't just switch your SIM card. You will need a new SIM Card since the LG is a 4G LTE phone and you'll need to add an appropriate data plan if you're using the phone on a postpaid account.  

Hope this helps.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

Re: changing my phone from a Pantech Link 2 (non smartphone) to a LG Nitro HD (smartphone)

the LG still has it's original SIM card, do I have to get a brand new one or can that one be reused?  

Message 3 of 8
Expert

afaia1978 wrote:

the LG still has it's original SIM card, do I have to get a brand new one or can that one be reused?  

You'll need a brand new one...that one won't really support 4G LTE. 

check this out http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/224898-there-difference-between-lte-sim-3g-sim.html

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 8
Tutor

do they have to be purchased or can i just get a new one from at&t?  also, besides the addition of a new data plan would there be any kind of activation fee for switching phones?

Message 5 of 8
Expert

You can get a sim from ATT, and you'll probably be charged a $36 upgrade fee.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 6 of 8
Tutor

ok.  i think i got all the information i was looking for.  thanks for your time and asistance helping me get some answers.

Message 7 of 8
Expert

You're very welcome! Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support