The Samsung Galaxy S24
BMan17's profile

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

Friday, February 25th, 2011 3:13 AM

captivate and native yahoo not working?

This just starting happening tonight. My native yahoo email all of the sudden goes to zero messages and will not connect.

My other native emails accounts seem fine. Just the yahoo is at issue.

I went into account setting and attempted to reconnect the incoming server settings to no avail.

Actually it just keeps saying the username or password is incorrect. (Eventhough it is)

I went so far as to delete the account and try to reestablish the email but fall victim to the result above.

I've rebooted (which usually works) but nothing.

I also should add, whenever I'm on wifi the native email gets all screwy. Emails wont notify can't sent email and in some instances my emails have dissappeared.

Usually a hard reboot fixes it hut not this time.

Any suggestions?

Scholar

• 

226 Messages

13 years ago

I just use the Yahoo mail app.  Since upgrading to 2.2, it has been much faster.

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

13 years ago

Here's what I've come up with, which worries me.

When I did sign into Yahoo this morning, it didn't take my username and password right away. I had to answer with one of those image things.

Then Yahoo said that I should change my password since it beleived my account may have been compromised! (someone either tried 5 times to get into it or they were successful, not sure which)

So changed password. Then looked at my activity log and sure enough, someone from Illnois either tried and/or go into my account.

What's scary is that I just got an email from Sony about all the issues with SPSN and that accounts were compromised and someone could have access to my info (like email, credit card info, etc), which my yahoo email was linked to it.

Now you have this issue with my yahoo and now I'm scared someone's got my info now.

Be careful out there. This is serious { word filter evasion }

Oh, after I changed my password, I updated it in my captivate and email was restored.

My question, if someone was successful in getting into my account, we're they trying to change my password and I stopped it just in time?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

If someone was trying to hack into your e-mail account, that would be very odd. Either way, it's probably a good thing that you changed your password.

As for me, the Yahoo! Mail account for the Email application on my Captivate continues not to work. I created a GMail account (to access the Android Market), added that account to the Email app, and it went through and work(ed)(s) absolutely fine. Still, the Yahoo! address is my primary e-mail address, so it's kind of a bummer. It definitely is a problem with Yahoo! Mail, not the phone itself. The funny thing is, when I got this iPod Touch, I was able to add and register my Yahoo! account just fine on this with no problems, unlike the Captivate...

By the way, "Brian" is a nice name - coming from a fellow Bryan myself... 😉

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

13 years ago

I'm confident now that someone didn't get into bit did attempt to enter a password 5times.

But for my yahoo mail I used the instructions in this thread and its worked fine.

Have you tried to delete and readd the account?

That helped me once before.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

No, I have just tried to (unsuccessfully) add the account numerous times. It has gotten to the point that it severely frustrates me and I have just given up on it. Perhaps I will try adding the Yahoo! account again. But I know for sure that I am entering the actual e-mail address and password correctly.

You are using the stock e-mail app, right? Not some other downloaded one from the Market?

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

13 years ago

yeah, just using the native email. I feel for you. Just doesn't make sense.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

I know. It's frustrating. I wish my Yahoo! account wasn't one of the ones that are/were supposedly "not supported". Maybe I'll have to try again...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.