For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
BMan17's profile

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

Friday, February 25th, 2011 3:13 AM

captivate and native yahoo not working?

This just starting happening tonight. My native yahoo email all of the sudden goes to zero messages and will not connect.

My other native emails accounts seem fine. Just the yahoo is at issue.

I went into account setting and attempted to reconnect the incoming server settings to no avail.

Actually it just keeps saying the username or password is incorrect. (Eventhough it is)

I went so far as to delete the account and try to reestablish the email but fall victim to the result above.

I've rebooted (which usually works) but nothing.

I also should add, whenever I'm on wifi the native email gets all screwy. Emails wont notify can't sent email and in some instances my emails have dissappeared.

Usually a hard reboot fixes it hut not this time.

Any suggestions?

Scholar

• 

216 Messages

13 years ago

@BMan17 wrote:
This just starting happening tonight. My native yahoo email all of the sudden goes to zero messages and will not connect.

My other native emails accounts seem fine. Just the yahoo is at issue.

I went into account setting and attempted to reconnect the incoming server settings to no avail.

Actually it just keeps saying the username or password is incorrect. (Eventhough it is)

I went so far as to delete the account and try to reestablish the email but fall victim to the result above.

I've rebooted (which usually works) but nothing.

I also should add, whenever I'm on wifi the native email gets all screwy. Emails wont notify can't sent email and in some instances my emails have dissappeared.

Usually a hard reboot fixes it hut not this time.

Any suggestions?

Yes this can be done, but choose to manually setup the account. To quote from another forum:

YAHOO IMAP

Incoming IMAP Mail ServerSetting 
:
User Name user@yahoo.com
Password 
your email password
Incoming Mail Server 
imap.n.mail.yahoo.com
Mail Box Name 
Yahoo IMAP
Mail Box Type 
IMAP
Security 
(Port) : Off
Port 
: Default

Outgoing IMAP Mail ServerSetting :
Email Address user@yahoo.com
User Name 
user@yahoo.com
Password 
your email password
Outgoing Mail Server 
smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
Security 
(Port) : Off
Port 

Link:  http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/15600-yahoo-imap-hotmail-pop3-settings.html

Scholar

• 

216 Messages

13 years ago

On my phone, my yahoo goes automatically, no user settings need to be done. On my wife's captivate, we had to use the above method, as she also was getting the invalid username/password error. Setting this in manually as IMAP mail, and her's now works properly.

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks Guys. I'm going to try it now to see if that works.

It's just strange that all of the sudden, wham! it no longer connects when my live.com, work email, and another specific email driven account works just fine.

I'll let you know.

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

13 years ago

That did the trick!!

It's back.

Makes you wonder how it happened!

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

13 years ago

Oh and thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Scholar

• 

216 Messages

13 years ago

@BMan17 wrote:

You're welcome, glad it worked out for you. I hate the Yahoo Mail app, as it seems to constantly run, and lacks a LOT of options. So I just had to find a way to use the native email for this.

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

13 years ago

@circuitdragon wrote:

@BMan17 wrote:

You're welcome, glad it worked out for you. I hate the Yahoo Mail app, as it seems to constantly run, and lacks a LOT of options. So I just had to find a way to use the native email for this.

I agree. I downloaded it once, several months back and didn't quite like it. So I removed it and stayed with the native email.

Once I start seeing better reviews on it maybe I'll give it another shot.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

Mine is not working. I looked at the IMAP settings and typed all of the fields correctly, but I clicked "Next" and the screen reads "Checking incoming server settings..." and it then fails saying "Setup could not finish: Unable to connect server".

I also looked at the original provided link to androidforums.com, and another poster there was having the same problem as I am. It looks like he did a reset on the phone. If I could avoid reset, that'd be great. I DO have Wi-Fi turned on, but I switched it off and it continued to do the same thing...

Could anyone further help me out on this?

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

13 years ago

Guess what?

It's back. Unable to connect to server. After months of working just fine.

All the settings are correct, nothing has been changed.

But this time it does say "valid username and password" which are correct.

I don't know what the deal is now. When checking the outgoing setting I get the same message, followed by an Error 530.

Besides deleting the email account on the phone and starting over again, not sure what else to do?

Wild Banchi, what did you ever end up doing?

Scholar

• 

279 Messages

13 years ago

I addition.

I tried to sign on to Yahoo Mail through the browser on the phone. Wouldn't let me do that either, says invalid username and password.

However, I can sign on through my laptop just fine. I just did that.

Also, I do have an att.net username through yahoo can I tried and did sign on through the browser.

Very odd.

-Brian

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.