The Samsung Galaxy S24
Darkkhelmet's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Wednesday, May 15th, 2013 9:37 PM

-assign ring tone to individual numbers on a galaxie s4

I just got my S4 and am quite please with it.  I would like, but can not find a way, to assign a specific ring tone to an entry or phone number in contacts.  There is no option for that when I edit the entry.  As an FYI I have installed DejaOffice as an adjunct to the default contacts list. Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

I found it in edit -> phone numbers at the bottom of the list.  I'm sure it's the DejaOffice app because the app is faithful to Outlook and much more detailed than the default contacts list.  Thank you again for the trouble you went to for my issue.  I'm sure your instructions would work if it were not for the app.  The app also allows for full encryption (which I have done) and populates the default contacts list.  It's possible I need to unlock the app so I can edit from the default contacts list or the app is now in control of both.  Either way I really like this app and am glad I was able to figure it out.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

I do not have the same phone as you but to add a specific ringtone to mine, Samsung Nexus S, I go to the contact, go to Menu>Options and there is a section there to add a ringtone to that contact. Yours is probably different but maybe this can point you in the right direction.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion but there is no option I can find in the edit section for the contact that offers a ringtone selection.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

I found this...see how this works.

Ringtone for calls from one contact

Note: You cannot assign a ringtone to contacts stored on the SIM card or Phone (device memory). 

1. From any Home screen, tap Contacts.
  2. Tap the desired contact.
  3. Tap the Edit icon (pencil).
  4. Tap Ringtone.
  5. Tap the desired ringtone to assign it to the contact and then tap OK.
  6. Tap Save.

Got it from here...

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5863

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@Darkkhelmet wrote:

I found it in edit -> phone numbers at the bottom of the list.  I'm sure it's the DejaOffice app because the app is faithful to Outlook and much more detailed than the default contacts list.

Well, at least you found it. That's what matters. 😉

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

@Darkkhelmet wrote:

I found it in edit -> phone numbers at the bottom of the list.  I'm sure it's the DejaOffice app because the app is faithful to Outlook and much more detailed than the default contacts list.  Thank you again for the trouble you went to for my issue.  I'm sure your instructions would work if it were not for the app.  The app also allows for full encryption (which I have done) and populates the default contacts list.  It's possible I need to unlock the app so I can edit from the default contacts list or the app is now in control of both.  Either way I really like this app and am glad I was able to figure it out.

You're welcome and it was no trouble. I think you should UNmark my post as the accepted solution, though, and mark yours as the solution, instead. 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

How about numbers that come in as "Unknown"?  I'd like anything with "unknown" or "private" number to not ring at all.  Frankly, if they don't want to let me know who is calling, then they can go to voice mail.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Rich

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.