Explore & discover

Helpful Links

ZTE k88 tablet connection problems outside of US

Contributor

ZTE k88 tablet connection problems outside of US

I have a ZTE k88 from att&t

I'm un saudi Arabia and mi sim card is STC

Ir reconize the sim and carrier, i can send sms but everytime that i try yo call don't allow me to do ir. And i can't receive calls either.

Why?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage

Re: Conection problems

You have to trouble shoot with the carrier you’re using.   The phone was made for ATT in the US it may not be compatible with your carrier

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Hi...but sms is working properly and the tablet recognize the carrier. If
im conected to wifi Everytime i try to call allways appear at&t phone sync
and block me. If i dísconect the wifi when i try to make a call then appear
a.prompt saying that i have to install "call"
Thanks
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Acruelles71
‎10-26-2017 2:47 PM

Ah, pardon I thought this was a phone.  Tablets do not make calls the way phones do. 

That tablet was designed to work with Att number sync which allows a device to use the related phone and it’s number to call and text.  This is a carrier feature of ATT and will not work anywhere else.  

You will have to install an app like Skype or google voice to make calls.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support