Helpful Links

Yellow Pages advertisement at the top of my Contacts

Tutor

Yellow Pages advertisement at the top of my Contacts

What's up with AT&T putting this Yellow Pages ad at the top fo my contacts list?  And forcing the AT&T sound when the phone boots up?

I'm paying a ton of money for this smartphone, so does it really need to be ad-supported???  You're giving me reasons to root or switch carriers.

Message 1 of 18
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Yellow Pages advertisement at the top of my Contacts

kgbkny wrote:

wrley wrote:
That information is incorrect, even if it is disabled it still shows up in your contacts.

The information is absolutely correct. I would be more than happy to send you a screenshot if you don't believe me (my phone is completely stock and unrooted). Are you sure you're doing it correctly?

Might depend on the particular phone.  I don't think either of you mentioned which phone you are talking about.

Message 16 of 18
Contributor

smooth4lyfe wrote:

Can someone post a picture of the yellow pages app on top of the contacts list? I have a Galaxy S3 and I do not have any YP thing on my contacts

Well, it seems the app is only preinstalled, if you are an AT&T customer, are you?

Message 17 of 18
Professor

allthesmallthings wrote:

smooth4lyfe wrote:

Can someone post a picture of the yellow pages app on top of the contacts list? I have a Galaxy S3 and I do not have any YP thing on my contacts

Well, it seems the app is only preinstalled, if you are an AT&T customer, are you?

You realize the post you quoted/responded to, is from a year ago?

Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support