The Samsung Galaxy S24
AT714's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, July 14th, 2012 5:51 PM

Yellow Pages advertisement at the top of my Contacts

What's up with AT&T putting this Yellow Pages ad at the top fo my contacts list?  And forcing the AT&T sound when the phone boots up?

I'm paying a ton of money for this smartphone, so does it really need to be ad-supported???  You're giving me reasons to root or switch carriers.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

That information is incorrect, even if it is disabled it still shows up in your contacts.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@wrley wrote:
That information is incorrect, even if it is disabled it still shows up in your contacts.

That is unfortunate, it was worth a try.  Agree that the YP is super annoying.  I rooted the phone the first day or so after buying it, and froze the YP apps using Titanium Backup, so I didn't personally know if the non-root method suggested by another user worked or not.

It looks like the only way to remove may be root.  Of course, know the risks with rooting, if you decide to do so, as such mods may cause permanent damage to your device, and may also void your warranty.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

That doesn't work on my Skyrocket and locks up my phone, it goes black, freezes and then tells me my contacts are not available, would I like to report it?
It doesn't do it for the app I downloaded, just the one in my contacts.

Guru

• 

309 Messages

11 years ago

@wrley wrote:

The information is absolutely correct. I would be more than happy to send you a screenshot if you don't believe me (my phone is completely stock and unrooted). Are you sure you're doing it correctly?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@kgbkny wrote:

@wrley wrote:

The information is absolutely correct. I would be more than happy to send you a screenshot if you don't believe me (my phone is completely stock and unrooted). Are you sure you're doing it correctly?

Might depend on the particular phone.  I don't think either of you mentioned which phone you are talking about.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

@smooth4lyfe wrote:

Can someone post a picture of the yellow pages app on top of the contacts list? I have a Galaxy S3 and I do not have any YP thing on my contacts

Well, it seems the app is only preinstalled, if you are an AT&T customer, are you?

Professor

• 

3K Messages

11 years ago

@allthesmallthings wrote:

@smooth4lyfe wrote:

Can someone post a picture of the yellow pages app on top of the contacts list? I have a Galaxy S3 and I do not have any YP thing on my contacts

Well, it seems the app is only preinstalled, if you are an AT&T customer, are you?

You realize the post you quoted/responded to, is from a year ago?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.