Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 26, 2013
11:28:04 AM
View profile
Xperia TL Update?

Where's my JellyBean update your people promised me when they sold this phone? I know Sony and Android have signed off on it, and we're waiting for you(ATT) to release it? Well? Here's the deal....1 week....that's how long you have to release it before I dump all 5 of the phones I have with you. Enough is enough! All your doing is filling it full of useless ATT aps that I won't be able to delete. Sad company.

Where's my JellyBean update your people promised me when they sold this phone? I know Sony and Android have signed off on it, and we're waiting for you(ATT) to release it? Well? Here's the deal....1 week....that's how long you have to release it before I dump all 5 of the phones I have with you. Enough is enough! All your doing is filling it full of useless ATT aps that I won't be able to delete. Sad company.

Xperia TL Update?

22 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(22)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2013 10:39:26 PM
(0)
Teacher

Sony released the JB update through their website today; http://www.sonymobile.com/us/software/phones/xperia-tl/

However, you should read through the Sony Forums regarding the JB update to the Xperia T. A lot of people are having problems  w/ JB; http://talk.sonymobile.com/community/support/xperia_t_tx

Hope this helps.

Sony released the JB update through their website today; http://www.sonymobile.com/us/software/phones/xperia-tl/

However, you should read through the Sony Forums regarding the JB update to the Xperia T. A lot of people are having problems  w/ JB; http://talk.sonymobile.com/community/support/xperia_t_tx

Hope this helps.

Re: Xperia TL Update?

2 of 23 (9,159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2013 9:56:15 AM
(0)
Mentor

AT&T is also rolling out the Xperia TL update today.  So enjoy.  But let me share my Xperia TL experience with you...

I came from Windows Phone 7, and wanted an Android.  I agonized for a couple months leading up to my upgrade over which device I wanted.  After the Xperia TL came out, I went into an AT&T store, hoping that some hands-on time would make my choice easier among the several phones I was looking into.  They didn't even have the TL in the store.  I asked a clerk about it, and he told me they didn't have any because it's a terrible phone that nobody should want.  He didn't make me want it any less, because I like to form my own opinions based on my own experiences.

But long story short, they AT&T clerk was rude and unprofessional.  I never got my hands on a TL, and I ended up going with the HTC One X (a couple weeks later from Best Buy Mobile.)  It was my front-runner the whole time anyway...  And here I am in March, having to unlock and root my phone to get Jelly Bean.  The Xperia looks like a nice phone, so I'm happy for you.  I just wish AT&T would support the more popular HOX as quickly as they have done with the Xperia TL...

AT&T is also rolling out the Xperia TL update today.  So enjoy.  But let me share my Xperia TL experience with you...

I came from Windows Phone 7, and wanted an Android.  I agonized for a couple months leading up to my upgrade over which device I wanted.  After the Xperia TL came out, I went into an AT&T store, hoping that some hands-on time would make my choice easier among the several phones I was looking into.  They didn't even have the TL in the store.  I asked a clerk about it, and he told me they didn't have any because it's a terrible phone that nobody should want.  He didn't make me want it any less, because I like to form my own opinions based on my own experiences.

But long story short, they AT&T clerk was rude and unprofessional.  I never got my hands on a TL, and I ended up going with the HTC One X (a couple weeks later from Best Buy Mobile.)  It was my front-runner the whole time anyway...  And here I am in March, having to unlock and root my phone to get Jelly Bean.  The Xperia looks like a nice phone, so I'm happy for you.  I just wish AT&T would support the more popular HOX as quickly as they have done with the Xperia TL...

3 of 23 (9,142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2013 3:56:01 PM
(0)
Teacher
Sorry to hear that. I like, you wanted to get me hands on one too before upgrading. And again, like you, The HTC OneX was my front runner, since I had the HTC Inspire, and loved it. Well, after many phone calls to local AT&T stores, Bestbuys, Frys, etc. I decided to check to Sony Stores, and sure enough, they had a working model. Went in, and fell in love with the screen! The screen resolution is like staring at a TV! Follow that up by 20+ mins. of testing the features, I had my clear choice. Of course, after getting the phone there were a few bumps, but as is the case with any new phone. However, I'm surprised to hear about JB not being out for the OneX. I would have bet $ that it would have been released for the OneX well before the Xperia. Well, at any rate, good luck!
Sorry to hear that. I like, you wanted to get me hands on one too before upgrading. And again, like you, The HTC OneX was my front runner, since I had the HTC Inspire, and loved it. Well, after many phone calls to local AT&T stores, Bestbuys, Frys, etc. I decided to check to Sony Stores, and sure enough, they had a working model. Went in, and fell in love with the screen! The screen resolution is like staring at a TV! Follow that up by 20+ mins. of testing the features, I had my clear choice. Of course, after getting the phone there were a few bumps, but as is the case with any new phone. However, I'm surprised to hear about JB not being out for the OneX. I would have bet $ that it would have been released for the OneX well before the Xperia. Well, at any rate, good luck!

4 of 23 (9,073 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2013 11:26:06 PM
(0)
Teacher

Well, so much for updating to JB. Went to the Sony website, and it turns out that they removed the update, so that AT&T can release it themselves. And big surprise, AT&T has yet to release it! Oh well! Se La Vi!

Well, so much for updating to JB. Went to the Sony website, and it turns out that they removed the update, so that AT&T can release it themselves. And big surprise, AT&T has yet to release it! Oh well! Se La Vi!

5 of 23 (9,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2013 5:55:01 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Mar 2, 2013 at 7:15:56 PM

This has turned in to a Benny Hill show.  How are they screwing up releasing a fw?  That's the systematic part of a release.  I'm a software engineer and I can't imagine screwing up the part where you're already done creating and testing the software and all you have to do is hand it out.  

[word filter avoidance]

This has turned in to a Benny Hill show.  How are they screwing up releasing a fw?  That's the systematic part of a release.  I'm a software engineer and I can't imagine screwing up the part where you're already done creating and testing the software and all you have to do is hand it out.  

[word filter avoidance]

[ Edited ]
6 of 23 (8,979 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2013 4:15:33 PM
(0)
Tutor

Is AT&T only monitoring for language on this thread and not progress on the issue?

Is AT&T only monitoring for language on this thread and not progress on the issue?

7 of 23 (8,853 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2013 2:03:15 PM
(0)
Mentor

I've been trying for 4 days to get the jelly bean upgrade. Sony's web site says it's out, but pc companion and sony's software updater say I have the most current software. It won't kill me to wait, I just wish they hadn't announced it was released until it was ACTUALLY released! I guess Sony just released it to ATT, and ATT will release it when they see fit.

I've been trying for 4 days to get the jelly bean upgrade. Sony's web site says it's out, but pc companion and sony's software updater say I have the most current software. It won't kill me to wait, I just wish they hadn't announced it was released until it was ACTUALLY released! I guess Sony just released it to ATT, and ATT will release it when they see fit.

8 of 23 (8,782 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2013 5:20:41 PM
(0)
Mentor

Sony  removed the update from their website today. Now showing ICS as most current software. Oh well!

Sony  removed the update from their website today. Now showing ICS as most current software. Oh well!

9 of 23 (8,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2013 8:20:58 AM
(0)
Scholar
That's why people don't like much Sony Smartphone. They don't maintain their update matters so straight. This is a shame for Sony!! these days people likes high end smartphone with frequently update the OS
That's why people don't like much Sony Smartphone. They don't maintain their update matters so straight. This is a shame for Sony!! these days people likes high end smartphone with frequently update the OS
Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket

10 of 23 (8,685 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2013 12:00:46 PM
(0)
Guru

redhot4400 wrote:

Not Sony's fault.  JB has been available for the T for nearly a month, and it's not a bugridden shovelware update like it is on many Samsungs.  (Look at ICS for the GS2 - even on the international I9100 it was a total disaster.)

There is zero difference other than the baseband between the T and TL - in fact over on XDA, people were frequently crossflashing T firmwares onto the TL.

Unfortunately, JB requires an updated baseband, so last I checked, crossflashing T Jellybean onto the TL had issues.

If it were the T, you'd have a few techniques for taking matters into your own hands (CM10 on the T is rock solid at this point), but AT&T forced Sony to lock down the TL.

If you want a decent device these days, you *absolutely cannot* purchase it through AT&T.  If you do, you are guaranteed delayed updates of poor quality and an inferior device.

redhot4400 wrote:

Not Sony's fault.  JB has been available for the T for nearly a month, and it's not a bugridden shovelware update like it is on many Samsungs.  (Look at ICS for the GS2 - even on the international I9100 it was a total disaster.)

There is zero difference other than the baseband between the T and TL - in fact over on XDA, people were frequently crossflashing T firmwares onto the TL.

Unfortunately, JB requires an updated baseband, so last I checked, crossflashing T Jellybean onto the TL had issues.

If it were the T, you'd have a few techniques for taking matters into your own hands (CM10 on the T is rock solid at this point), but AT&T forced Sony to lock down the TL.

If you want a decent device these days, you *absolutely cannot* purchase it through AT&T.  If you do, you are guaranteed delayed updates of poor quality and an inferior device.

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

11 of 23 (8,674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2013 4:30:32 AM
(0)
Scholar
that's AT&T style of work. but this is Sony smartphone and they should concern about the update & their smartphone matter more than AT&T.
that's AT&T style of work. but this is Sony smartphone and they should concern about the update & their smartphone matter more than AT&T.

12 of 23 (8,630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2013 7:36:40 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hey all, Jelly Bean is available for your Xperia. Please take a look at this link: http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Jelly-Bean-Update-Now-Available-for-Sony-Xpe...

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hey all, Jelly Bean is available for your Xperia. Please take a look at this link: http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Jelly-Bean-Update-Now-Available-for-Sony-Xperia-TL/m-p/3448551

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

13 of 23 (8,431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2013 11:30:07 PM
(0)
Teacher

Any one update their phones? Please share your experiences if you have. I'm on the fence about this one.

Any one update their phones? Please share your experiences if you have. I'm on the fence about this one.

14 of 23 (8,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2013 1:30:29 PM
(0)
Mentor

Updated last week. Was having random reboots and freeze ups before update. All is well now. Was considering going back to my iphone be fore the update, couldn't stand the constant rebooting and freeze ups. Phone would ring and I couldn't answer, just a flashing blue light. Then I would have to do a hard reset to get it back on. Also three or four times a day the phone would reboot. I upgraded last Tuesday and no freeze ups or reboots in a week. I'm happy.

Updated last week. Was having random reboots and freeze ups before update. All is well now. Was considering going back to my iphone be fore the update, couldn't stand the constant rebooting and freeze ups. Phone would ring and I couldn't answer, just a flashing blue light. Then I would have to do a hard reset to get it back on. Also three or four times a day the phone would reboot. I upgraded last Tuesday and no freeze ups or reboots in a week. I'm happy.

15 of 23 (8,305 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2013 11:11:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

I was trying to do the update last night and while installing it my phone freezed...it was showing the "sony" logo like a screen saver....I can't even turn it on/off... now it's just dead.  I even tried to charge it, it just doesn't do anything. Does anyone have the same problem like mine? Anyone knows how to fix it or should I just go to the AT&T Device Support Center... Smiley Frustrated

I was trying to do the update last night and while installing it my phone freezed...it was showing the "sony" logo like a screen saver....I can't even turn it on/off... now it's just dead.  I even tried to charge it, it just doesn't do anything. Does anyone have the same problem like mine? Anyone knows how to fix it or should I just go to the AT&T Device Support Center... Smiley Frustrated

16 of 23 (8,243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2013 1:11:46 PM
(0)
Contributor

17 of 23 (8,159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2013 10:15:34 AM
(0)
Tutor

I've done the update and performed a repair using Bridge for Mac.

This firmware is fast and smoother. Faster and smoother than the lastest generic JB Xperia T firmware with no Walkman pause bugs that have plagued it. Nice!

The only problems I seem to have are:

1. No Mobile Bravia Engine in the Album app. Fixed by installing a later version of Album.

2. Small Apps revert to default settings afer every restart.

I've done the update and performed a repair using Bridge for Mac.

This firmware is fast and smoother. Faster and smoother than the lastest generic JB Xperia T firmware with no Walkman pause bugs that have plagued it. Nice!

The only problems I seem to have are:

1. No Mobile Bravia Engine in the Album app. Fixed by installing a later version of Album.

2. Small Apps revert to default settings afer every restart.

18 of 23 (8,061 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2013 6:34:58 AM
(0)
Scholar
SONY always delay in their smartphone software update >> and with AT&T it's getting more delay LOL
SONY always delay in their smartphone software update >> and with AT&T it's getting more delay LOL

19 of 23 (7,409 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2013 7:48:20 PM
(0)
Contributor

I still haven't got the update too...why is it taking too long??

20 of 23 (7,358 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2013 12:02:40 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by spectre51 on Apr 13, 2013 at 12:02:52 AM

reemb wrote:

Have you plugged it into your computer and checked for the update using Sony's PC Companion on the PC or Bridge on  the Mac?

reemb wrote:

Have you plugged it into your computer and checked for the update using Sony's PC Companion on the PC or Bridge on  the Mac?

[ Edited ]
21 of 23 (7,080 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 8:31:14 AM
(0)
Contributor

i am also waiting for update........4.3, all cel phones of sony xperia T is updated, but we are stuck due to AT&T, atleast they should  notify us, are they working on it....or no more update? it is not a customer care. i can't change the rom of my xperia T, because AT&T block it boatloader......m jst stuk. Smiley SadSmiley Sad

i am also waiting for update........4.3, all cel phones of sony xperia T is updated, but we are stuck due to AT&T, atleast they should  notify us, are they working on it....or no more update? it is not a customer care. i can't change the rom of my xperia T, because AT&T block it boatloader......m jst stuk. Smiley SadSmiley Sad

22 of 23 (4,768 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 11:00:18 AM
(0)
Contributor

propably they have same problems. I also wait for update

propably they have same problems. I also wait for update

23 of 23 (4,754 Views)