The Samsung Galaxy S24
Jp697174's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 7:28 PM

Xperia TL Update?

Where's my JellyBean update your people promised me when they sold this phone? I know Sony and Android have signed off on it, and we're waiting for you(ATT) to release it? Well? Here's the deal....1 week....that's how long you have to release it before I dump all 5 of the phones I have with you. Enough is enough! All your doing is filling it full of useless ATT aps that I won't be able to delete. Sad company.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

that's AT&T style of work. but this is Sony smartphone and they should concern about the update & their smartphone matter more than AT&T.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hey all, Jelly Bean is available for your Xperia. Please take a look at this link: http://forums.att.com/t5/Android-Discussion-and-Support/Jelly-Bean-Update-Now-Available-for-Sony-Xperia-TL/m-p/3448551

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

11 years ago

Any one update their phones? Please share your experiences if you have. I'm on the fence about this one.

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

11 years ago

Updated last week. Was having random reboots and freeze ups before update. All is well now. Was considering going back to my iphone be fore the update, couldn't stand the constant rebooting and freeze ups. Phone would ring and I couldn't answer, just a flashing blue light. Then I would have to do a hard reset to get it back on. Also three or four times a day the phone would reboot. I upgraded last Tuesday and no freeze ups or reboots in a week. I'm happy.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I was trying to do the update last night and while installing it my phone freezed...it was showing the "sony" logo like a screen saver....I can't even turn it on/off... now it's just dead.  I even tried to charge it, it just doesn't do anything. Does anyone have the same problem like mine? Anyone knows how to fix it or should I just go to the AT&T Device Support Center... Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

I've done the update and performed a repair using Bridge for Mac.

This firmware is fast and smoother. Faster and smoother than the lastest generic JB Xperia T firmware with no Walkman pause bugs that have plagued it. Nice!

The only problems I seem to have are:

1. No Mobile Bravia Engine in the Album app. Fixed by installing a later version of Album.

2. Small Apps revert to default settings afer every restart.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

11 years ago

SONY always delay in their smartphone software update >> and with AT&T it's getting more delay LOL

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I still haven't got the update too...why is it taking too long??

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

11 years ago

@reemb wrote:

I still haven't got the update too...why is it taking too long??

Have you plugged it into your computer and checked for the update using Sony's PC Companion on the PC or Bridge on  the Mac?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.