Will the LG Nexus 4 work on AT&T network?

Contributor

Will the LG Nexus 4 work on AT&T network?

I wanted to make sure it would be able to work on att since it is unlocked. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
Professor

Re: Will the LG Nexus 4 work on AT&T network?

Yes, it will work.  It just won't get LTE data service.

Message 2 of 6
Contributor

Wherever I go,  I have wifi - so I do not need a data plan. The nitty-gritty question is can I take out my SIM card from my ATT phone, insert in Nexus 4 and use it without involving ATT?

SH

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Professor

sholmes149 wrote:

Wherever I go,  I have wifi - so I do not need a data plan. The nitty-gritty question is can I take out my SIM card from my ATT phone, insert in Nexus 4 and use it without involving ATT?

SH

Definite maybe.  Per policy, you need to have a data plan, if you are using a smartphone on AT&T's network.  But they may or may not be able associate the IMEI number of a non-AT&T purchased phone as being a smartphone.   At least for some past Nexus phones (I can remember the Nexus One specifically), AT&T could not properly identify it.  For some customers, it was being identified as being a Blackberry or other random incorrect smartphone.  One guy called AT&T and told them it was being read incorrectly, and told them it was a dumbphone, and they couldn't prove otherwise.

But no guarantee this would be the case for you on the Nexus 4.  Its slightly risky, unless you are prepared to live with a data plan, or sell the phone if things don't work out your way.

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

I had another question. Can I get the 25 dollar a month att deal and use my nexus 4 with it? (I solely intend to use the wifi provided by my college for all my data needs, and the deal looks pretty good to me!

Message 5 of 6
Master

Hi pramisht,

I replied to your private message, but yes, you should be able to use your Nexus 4 with the $25/monthly plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support